Registered: Aug 2009
06-11-12 06:05 AM
I am running an experiment in starting up a journal of my trade ideas and actual trades taken in G10 currency pairs. I like to peruse it for my own usage, not to hold myself accountable because the only thing I need to be held accountable is my risk management and PnL.
I welcome others to participate or ask questions as long as posts are limited to G10 fx pairs and abide from flaming and other useless content. I will simply ignore posts that do not relate to fx trading and are not held in a professional manner.
Some more information:
* When I post trade entries I do so in real-time not after the fact. I post entry prices and stop levels. I may not always post target levels because I simply do not know how subsequent price action develops and thus I may take off a position minutes later, at other times days later. I also reserve the right to override target levels after posting such, and I also reserve the right to adjust stop-loss levels. If I make adjustments then I will also do so in real-time and post such information clearly when it happens, not after the fact.
* I sometimes miss to post trades because my priority is not to entertain anyone here but to make money under strict risk management guidelines. Thus, I may not post trades too frequently at times. I only discuss trades that I posted here, I will never brag about trades I may have taken myself but have not posted.
* I will not make any effort whatsoever to provide proof that trades posted here are real trades and not paper ones. I will not reply to those who have a problem with that and feel the need to vent in regards to that. If you do not like it then you do not need to post here, simply move on and enjoy yourself elsewhere. My main job is running algorithmic fx trading strategies (which are not subject of this thread) and I take discretionary positions from time to time which I may post here, primarily for myself and to invite questions, recommendations, ideas.
* If you feel you have something useful to contribute that touches on fx trading related matters, algorithmic trading in fx markets, or the like then feel free to do so, an interesting discussion may ensue. But again, the main point here are discretionary trades of varying time frames.
* I do not follow one single approach to trading, thus I do not post trades that always follow momentum based approaches or mean reversion strategies. My job is to spot changes in trading regimes and sentiment and to try to adjust to such changes in order to maximize risk-adjusted return. My general approach is to trade on the same side as multi-day trends by positioning myself against short-term dispersion that do not violate the overall trend. Occasionally I bet a small amount of money made on tops and bottoms once I get a sense they are confirmed. But in the end it all comes down to proper risk management through adherence to stops, position sizing, and the balls to ride a position, given momentum supports it.
I posted couple real-time trades in the following thread but do not want to hijack the thread and thus opened my own:
I am currently flat after having taken profit on a long eur position.