Max E. Pad
Registered: May 2011
05-03-12 12:06 AM
This is kind of a strange fact i just saw on nfl.com
Seau the latest chapter in sad legacy of 1994 Chargers
Junior Seau's passing at age 43 becomes the latest chapter in the sad legacy of the 1994 San Diego Chargers.
Seau, whose death Wednesday is being investigated as a possible suicide, becomes the eighth member of the '94 Chargers to die before the age of 45.
Other players to pass away before Seau include:
• David Griggs, LB: Died in a one-car accident on June 19, 1995. Age 28.
• Rodney Culver, RB: Died along with his wife in the crash of ValuJet Flight 592 on May 11, 1996. Age 26.
• Doug Miller, LB: Died as the result of a lightning strike on July 23, 1998. Age 28.
• Curtis Whitley, C: Died of a drug overdose on May 11, 2008. Age 39.
• Chris Mims, DE: Died of an enlarged heart on Oct. 15, 2008. Age 38.
• Shawn Lee, DT: Died from cardiac arrest on Feb. 26, 2011. Age 44.
• Lew Bush, LB: Died of a heart attack on Dec. 8, 2011. Age 42.
The 1994 Chargers remain the only team in franchise history to advance to the Super Bowl. Seau was a 25-year-old star for the team, which upset the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game before being routed by the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX.