FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Trading > Almost everything works...

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #19
KastyG

Quote:
Quote from Zr1Trader:

Everyone knows how to lose weight. There are many different "methods" that can accomplish the task. How many can do it and keep it off for the rest of their life without "blowing up". Requires hard work, discipline, and persistence.

I think trading is similar.
This is not entirely true.

For weight loss only two methods work, eat less calories or burn more while maintaining calories.

Does all of successful trading come down to one of two possibilities?
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #20
icarus618

Of course noTHING "works." It is the person using the thing who works. This is not to say that any thing is as good to use as any other thing or that what is best to use is based on the trader's "personality." People who think that way have yet to hone (iteratively refine) a great method that they completely trust. Complete trust is not an easy thing to come by. The process of arriving at such a method does discard a lot of fluff that's held out to the public as viable. There is no secret, but to most people it might as well be a secret because what it takes to extract will remain a mystery to them.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #21
KastyG

Quote:
Quote from icarus618:

Of course noTHING "works." It is the person using the thing who works. This is not to say that any thing is as good to use as any other thing or that what is best to use is based on the trader's "personality." People who think that way have yet to hone (iteratively refine) a great method that they completely trust. Complete trust is not an easy thing to come by. The process of arriving at such a method does discard a lot of fluff that's held out to the public as viable. There is no secret, but to most people it might as well be a secret because what it takes to extract will remain a mystery to them.
the secret:
cut losses quick, let winners run. all else follows.

when i am on right side, i know it rather quickly.

i just let it ride.

on the great trades, price always go further than i predict.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #22
AAAintheBeltway

Quote:
Quote from KastyG:

the secret:

when i am on right side, i know it rather quickly.

i just let it ride.

on the great trades, price always go further than i predict.
Brilliant insights that apparently are hard for many to accept.

Most methods will work in one particular type of market. They will lose in others. For example, buying breakouts or new yearly highs in stocks will work in an all-out bull market. It will destroy you in a down market or range bound market.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #23
tenthousandmen

Location: Silicon Valley California, St. Petersberg Florida, Sydney Austrailia
Quote:
Quote from danielc1:

I find something amusing, but I'm also puzzled about it... Most things on this site is about how nothing works and that the majority of people lose their money in trading. I have seen many, many methods of trading. You know what I find out? Most of the stuff out there that is public knowledge works very well. Darvas, Gann, Krauz, Kase, Curtis, Cooper, Tharp, Douglas, Elder and so on, have shared some ideas that work.

I think that the reason why the majority of people lose their money in trading has nothing to do with trading but in why they trade. Maybe people trade to lose and not to win money. Winning money does not solve internal struggles, losing does... because it requires change. Change of words, change of thinking, change of feelings, change of being...

So it is not the method of trading that people see or use that causes losing, it is the people their innerselfs, that is causing this...

I'm wondering who share this believe on this site. Then I can put everybody else on 'ignore'

Most people on this board would fuck everything up even if they received a set of instructions from George Soros. That's the way some men and women are unfortunately. There is a thread "Battle for survival" (LOL) around here that chronicles this phenomenon live, if you want to check it out.

(and NO, they wouldnt fuck it up because soros is a jackass. Its becuase youre fucking stupid.)
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #24
deaddog

Quote:
Quote from KastyG:

This is not entirely true.

For weight loss only two methods work, eat less calories or burn more while maintaining calories.

Does all of successful trading come down to one of two possibilities?
Quote:
Quote from KastyG:

the secret:

I suppose you have to do two things in trading.