FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Trading > What are the largest fortunes ever made by INDEPENDENT traders?

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 05:47 PM   #121
Swan Noir

It was a mid-level GS guy who told me that those in a position to know thought he was the best. True? No way to know and I do not claim to know. But I can tell you that I'm not going to assume that just because he was a crook that he had no talent. That is just a foolish way to think.

Quote:
Quote from mokwit:

Isn't that the cover up spin? The Goldman letter saying he was self directed and held AAPL shares was signed by a very junior VP.

seem to remember public records showed that he was associated with a failed USD50-100m biotech company and not much else.

It seems unclear how Picower made his money other than disproportionate disbursements from Madoff.

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM   #122
bwolinsky

Quote:
Quote from achilles28:

Nor does it include a plan to formulate a coherent sentence, either?
Or work on completing a ddoc.

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #123
Kevin Schmit

Quote:
Quote from bwolinsky:

I think my only limit in the next two years to ten figures is the position limits.
Well, that and not actually having a profitable trading method.

You apparent lack of any trading skills whatsoever is a bigger impediment than any position limits. I have been tracking your models for years on Collective2 and now on CoVestor. I don't see any improvement over time.

A month or so ago you confidently predicted you would win the Robbins World Cup Trading Championship. I check the leaderboard for that contest weekly, yet never see your name:

http://www.worldcupadvisor.com/world...ult_nwcc2.aspx

First, find a winning trading method. Once you've got that, then you can start to worry about position limits.

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:39 PM   #124
trading spaces

Quote:
Quote from Swan Noir:

For many years it was rumored that Jeffry Picower was Goldman's largest individual client and that his trading skill left them with their mouth hanging open in amazement. His widow forked out over seven billion last year in a claw back settlement with the Madoff Trustee where Picower was clearly an integral part (in many ways a partner) in Madoff's scheme.

Leaving aside that segment of the fortune that was tainted by illegal activity the man's reputation as a trader was that of a near psychic and I doubt the guys at Goldman are easy to impress.
I suppose if you had a large income from madoff every month then you could average losers or pyramid winners knowing you had the cash flow not to worry.

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:52 PM   #125
bwolinsky

Quote:
Quote from Kevin Schmit:

Well, that and not actually having a profitable trading method.

You apparent lack of any trading skills whatsoever is a bigger impediment than any position limits. I have been tracking your models for years on Collective2 and now on CoVestor. I don't see any improvement over time.

A month or so ago you confidently predicted you would win the Robbins World Cup Trading Championship. I check the leaderboard for that contest weekly, yet never see your name:

http://www.worldcupadvisor.com/world...ult_nwcc2.aspx

First, find a winning trading method. Once you've got that, then you can start to worry about position limits.
I became a World Cup Advisor, and would be in the top 3 with the model I have for them.

The returns are quite large. I may not be in the contest as I had thought but the trading I did during incubation left them no choice but to offer my model.

*********NEWS FLASH FOR KEVIN SCHMIT*********

I HAVE SEVERAL PROFITABLE METHODS

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #126
mokwit

Quote:
Quote from Swan Noir:

It was a mid-level GS guy who told me that those in a position to know thought he was the best. True? No way to know and I do not claim to know. But I can tell you that I'm not going to assume that just because he was a crook that he had no talent. That is just a foolish way to think.
He was clearly a very talented crook, talented trader I am not so sure................

Closed Thread