FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Psychology > Top five regrets of the dying

Old Feb 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #73
nutmeg

Quote:
Quote from Don Bright:

LOL, I'm going to have to start searching for you Mr. Nutmeg, didn't know you were posting everywhere. Keep it up!

Don
I read everything, everywhere, all the time... stuff just pops into my head and I can't help myself...

'Oth..props to Steven Wright.. it's his joke...
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #74
syswizard

Quote:
Quote from StarDust9182:

Perhaps we can all start by treating people better on these forums. We share one thing, no matter what - we will all end up the same. That can be a humbling thought.
Profound statement to say the least.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #75
Occam

Quote:
Quote from MKTrader:

I can imagine the regrets in the coming decades"

"I wish I didn't get addicted to Facebook and Twitter and actually met a few real people or visited some nice places."

"I wish I didn't constantly text on my phone and actually talked to my children while we were in stores, doctor's offices, etc."

"I wish I hadn't spent so many hours arguing with idiots who made stupid comments on various websites and blogs."
Good point -- techonology gives us a lot of benefits, but also a lot of new ways to waste time. I guess we would have fewer regrets in this area if we had greater discipline -- cutting out time spent on electronics that's neither highly productive nor deeply satisfying.
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #76
cap'ncod

I always think knowing where dreaming should stop and reality should start is hard. It's an aspiration to 'follow your dream', but can be a serious flaw too, like an obsession. So, when do we say 'that's enough, time to change direction'. We are told to be tenacious, not to give up, like a bulldog with a stick. But this can lead to self destruction. Trading is a good example of this. These big evaluative decisions seem the toughest things in life to call. The sense of guilt or failure and the strength to move on from what has become stale, pointless or even harmful. I think there are key 'inflection' points where we know that it's time to change things, listen to our hearts, ignore all of the conflicting evidence that confuses us and keeps us hanging on, vainly hoping. We have to have the courage to make mistakes and live with our decisions, not blame others for our choices (parents, lovers, dog, god, broker etc). There is no blueprint for an ideal life, we can make it up as we go along, try and listen to the child in our hearts. The child who cares only for each day and enjoying his freedom and games with a joyful heart. Fuck money and status, morality and seriousness, big fat weights that crush the fun out of our souls. I always think of picasso at 90, jumping up and down on his bed with a smile on his face as his young model prepares herself for his genius.
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 03:16 PM   #77
wilburbear

Quote:
Quote from masterm1ne:

I'm 24 and I can already wish all of these things, and have them as regrets. I feel like I'm already dead.

Money is at the root of all these wishes:

1). How can you live a true life, when society molds you into what they want you to be, and when you need to make money to be your own boss?

2). How can't you work hard? You need money for everything, even more so with a family! Most jobs don't pay you what you are actually worth.

3). The only time you can freely express your feelings is when you don't owe anybody shit, and you don't need to work for someone else. Another case in which you must have money.

4). To stay in touch with people takes free time and you get free time by having money. How can you go see them? You need time off from work and money to travel!

5). How can you be happy when you have something to worry about all the time (What do I eat next, where do I sleep next)? The only way you wouldn't have to worry is to have all the money you needed.

Wealth distribution is so fucked up.... it's the whole reason we are on this site in the first place.

Slow day, so I remembered 3 stories and went back and got the links just for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_St%C3%BCcke

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/gre...out-money.html

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 03:24 PM   #78
Optionpro007

Quote:
Quote from cap'ncod:

I always think knowing where dreaming should stop and reality should start is hard. It's an aspiration to 'follow your dream', but can be a serious flaw too, like an obsession. So, when do we say 'that's enough, time to change direction'. We are told to be tenacious, not to give up, like a bulldog with a stick. But this can lead to self destruction. Trading is a good example of this. These big evaluative decisions seem the toughest things in life to call. The sense of guilt or failure and the strength to move on from what has become stale, pointless or even harmful. I think there are key 'inflection' points where we know that it's time to change things, listen to our hearts, ignore all of the conflicting evidence that confuses us and keeps us hanging on, vainly hoping. We have to have the courage to make mistakes and live with our decisions, not blame others for our choices (parents, lovers, dog, god, broker etc). There is no blueprint for an ideal life, we can make it up as we go along, try and listen to the child in our hearts. The child who cares only for each day and enjoying his freedom and games with a joyful heart. Fuck money and status, morality and seriousness, big fat weights that crush the fun out of our souls. I always think of picasso at 90, jumping up and down on his bed with a smile on his face as his young model prepares herself for his genius.
Very colorful. Thanks.