FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Psychology > Tips on the Mental Game

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM   #79
Redneck

Quote:
Quote from BobbiDigital:

This made me think of the interesting way in which the diagonal lines interact with one another.

I haven't figured out the dynamics yet -

if you draw trendlines on the daily, hourly, 15 minute, whatever, they don't match up with each other.

They have different slopes - Price could be hitting the daily chart trendline but that same daily trendline, on the hourly chart, doesn't match up.

Yes, they must have different slopes as there is more information contained within the same number of bars

Quote:
How do you match 'em...is one correct? i would 'guess' the daily

By, having a set way of drawing lines… by eyeballing… and by ensuring the lines always cross at the same price point(s) across the various TF charts

============================================

Take some time and practice drawing lines – soon it’ll become second nature…

You may even pick up some interesting tidbits about how price moves over/ through different TFs (hint..)

RN
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM   #80
BobbiDigital

RN,

Interesting how properly drawn lines tie together the story. Low risk bets could be nothing more than Geometry - it was always my favorite subject

I'm trying to work thru many questions on the technicals I could bombard you with on my own for the time being.

Just one question - as you follow price, are you concerned with cycles (Hurst or whatever)? Since PA can be repetitive (I look for those I 'see') so I was just curious because timing can be the most difficult part. Don't mean to get ahead of myself.

BD
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:08 PM   #81
BobbiDigital

You can probably just skip that last question. I saw something pretty amazing in the SPY this afternoon. Some properly drawn diagonal lines paved the way for a P.T. - gave me almost the exact price and time to exit.

I also saw a top form in ONXX perfectly mid day - I'm thinking the same projecting phenomena should hold true if/when I get the top/bottom calls correct.

Also by using longer TF analysis in the SPY I was expecting this mornings battle. Good stuff.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM   #82
RCG Trader

Quote:
Quote from Redneck:

Back in the day there was a member here called Mindtrade – I jumped his ass for calling me a mentor... I felt bad when I did it… I still feel bad about doing it

I am not a mentor….

A mentor can teach someone to do something, then that someone can do it….

Trading is not like that…

To trade successfully a person must reach down inside and find / create the proper mindset

No one can do that for another… it must come from within

But once a person has created / found that proper mindset – that is when trading becomes easy

That is when trading simply becomes – find a set up – place a trade – it works or it doesn’t – on to the next one

===================================================================================

I hate that I jumped Mindtrade…, he didn’t deserve it…

So how bout simply being two traders – talking shop – please

You are Welcome Sir

RN

That was a great post RN, traders are indeed not born, they are made, and moreover, they are self made.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #83
Redneck

Quote:
Quote from BobbiDigital:

You can probably just skip that last question. I saw something pretty amazing in the SPY this afternoon. Some properly drawn diagonal lines paved the way for a P.T. - gave me almost the exact price and time to exit.

I also saw a top form in ONXX perfectly mid day - I'm thinking the same projecting phenomena should hold true if/when I get the top/bottom calls correct.

Also by using longer TF analysis in the SPY I was expecting this mornings battle. Good stuff.

Now that BD - is good to hear Sir

btw; don't be surprised if you find they work so well you start getting get lulled into a complacency of sorts - don't allow it to happen...

Always use a stop

============================================

Fwiw I’ll answer

Cycles/ waves intrigue me to no end…

I’ve studied a lot of different material.. read several books…. and unfortunately all I’ve concluded is that I am not smart enough to “get it”

Everything I’ve studied gets to a point then simply goes over my head

End result…, I don’t have anything definable, usable, repeatable, or exploitable….

But I ain't dead yet..

RN
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM   #84
Redneck

Quote:
Quote from RCG Trader:

That was a great post RN, traders are indeed not born, they are made, and moreover, they are self made.
Thank You Sir

RN