FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > Day Trading Crude without indicators.

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 01:35 PM   #169
shopster

last one.

notice the divergence, price against the histo bars on all 3 pics.

s
Attached Images
File Type: gif euro trash 5 min.gif (19.3 KB, 101 views)
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM   #170
mfbreakout

Quote:
Quote from mfbreakout:

Jim Dalton talks about Trade location a lot along with time of the trade.
Test of A down level after confirmation set up. I find it hard to go long after A down unless I see some buying on VOLUME. With 30 ticks pf potential gain on both sides (long or short) i feel comfortable form the short side.

Longs from low of the day has higher potential reward but i do not want to sit for 1 hour holding a position against the trend.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2012-02-02_1348_test_of_a_down.png (239.9 KB, 60 views)
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM   #171
shopster

Quote:
Quote from mfbreakout:

LOL shopster. You have set an EXAMPLE ( in CLINT EASTWOOD style) as to what will happen to traders with unprofessional behavior.

Quote:
Assorted Quotes in the threads from Zen Student:

Unless you are a masochistic failure, you needn't bankrupt yourself or ruin your life if trading is not suitable for you.

This is a professional activity and you lack the appropriate background, are too late in life to start down the institutional route, and you have other commitments so you cannot devote the necessary attention.
If you want an expensive hobby, how about choosing another one? Something you could do with family and friends perhaps, or something that would keep you fit and healthy, or collecting things so you have something to show for your money?

Just because "investment" / "trading" has a socially acceptable veneer does not make what you are doing, from your position of knowledge and experience, any different from blind punting on lottery tickets. Again, nothing wrong with spending a few hundred a week on betting if you can afford it, but why bother? Many more productive hobbies exist.

Alternatively, you could invest your surplus in productive ventures, or use it to improve your local community or for a good cause close to you?

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations.

How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

In simple terms there is a structure in the markets which can be used to take high probability trades each day.

The same information is available to all and those who work hard can achieve success via the correct thought and a winning attitude.

You ought to conduct yourself in a civilized manner rather than resorting to this name calling - very unbecoming. I shall address your errors, to your benefit and that of the readers.

Idiot.

Go ahead and short.

Go on.

I dare you.

" You're a moron who doesn't have the first fucking clue. ..."

Why don't you take your three sisters (or was it five little sisters?) and get back to what we all know you do all day.

That is to say that the attitude you express is not one of having a professional view.
I can see immediately that you have neither dealt in size or had exposure to anyone who does (either as a broker, clerk, employee in an institution, etc)....

Shop rules:

you cannot continue to " defecate " on those attempting to learn the game.

" pontification and self posturing " to increase hard drive space required on the ET server is a dangerous activity.

" your way or the highway " is not an option.

" intimidation and berating " will not be tolerated.

" navel gazing on your own advice " is highly recommended. " Like this cup," Nan-in said, " you are full of your own opinions and speculations.

swearing when one does not get his own way, is directly proportional to one's IQ.

trading, once learned is actually a very pleasant activity as long as you are humble and respect the game for what it is.

last but not least, when they puke 'em out you better be short......

this rule also applies to grease trades.

cheers,

s
Attached Images
File Type: gif puke em out.gif (21.0 KB, 112 views)
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM   #172
mfbreakout

Quote:
Quote from mfbreakout:

Test of A down level after confirmation set up. I find it hard to go long after A down unless I see some buying on VOLUME. With 30 ticks pf potential gain on both sides (long or short) i feel comfortable form the short side.

Longs from low of the day has higher potential reward but i do not want to sit for 1 hour holding a position against the trend.
cover 95.70 flat. Don't want to loose 40 ticks to make another 40 ticks.
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM   #173
Frank Furter

Off the monthly and back to the weekly.
Attached Images
File Type: png cl-02-02-2012.png (7.6 KB, 52 views)
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM   #174
mfbreakout

02-02-2012

End of day chart of VOLUME bar trade. Market Makers need to show some evidence of being SERIOUS. When we see evidence, we have to be ready.

30 days number line has been at highs like -17 for last couple of days. That calls for RUBBER BAND stretched too far set up and SNAP to the MIDDLE set up.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2012-02-02_1431_end_of_day_chart..png (248.8 KB, 68 views)