FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Technically Speaking > Order Execution > Devastating after hours trade...SCREWED!!

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #61
sprstpd

Quote:
Quote from gster210:

I cant believe all your responses......I wont even comment. Telling me to quit trading? I saw what I saw on the order preview...was a 7X.XX. Putting in a lower order AH is not a dick move....everyday people get hit far below.

The audit says 8X.XX and I DID call IB immediately and they go by what they see which was 8X.XX.

If there was any question I would let it go.....but I saw what I saw.

You guys are a bunch of aholes. I wish this were a real table talk bc SWIM would send most of you (except for a few, which I thank) home with a black eye and broken nose.
Wow, cannot believe how much of a dick you are. Come on, show us your audit log for that day, unedited. What does it say, dickhead?

I wish you had been filled at 9X.XX instead, would have served you right.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #62
oldtime

yes, the same thing happened to me. I have been a long time customer of IB and still am, but one night I had a stop and was watching it, and it even showed up on the chart and it was very close. Finally the market moved away and I got sleepy and when I woke up I had been stopped out at a time when I had been watching it. I called IB and claimed it was not right, and they told me to check the audit trail, and sure enough my stop was a pip above where I thought I had placed it.

Laugh if you want, but I know where my stop was, and ever since then I know never to use GTC or any kind of resting orders with IB.

I could tell you another story about IB which cured me of ever using a stop again in forex.

Just assume nothing is hidden and watch your positions and never leave anything to the convenience of GTC.

I for one don't beleive what you are saying is false, unlike many who have posted here. But like they say, caveat emptor, now you know how the deal works don't make the same mistake again.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #63
ashatet

I will give a high probability that you may have typed in 76, but it did go in as 86 may be because of the auto complete feature or something (most browsers have the auto complete). Never used IB, but something to look into.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but someone on the other side of the trade made money, that is the name of the game.

Quote:
Quote from gster210:

I cant believe all your responses......I wont even comment. Telling me to quit trading? I saw what I saw on the order preview...was a 7X.XX. Putting in a lower order AH is not a dick move....everyday people get hit far below.

The audit says 8X.XX and I DID call IB immediately and they go by what they see which was 8X.XX.

You guys are a bunch of aholes. I wish this were a real table talk bc SWIM would send most of you (except for a few, which I thank) home with a black eye and broken nose.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #64
d08

Quote:
Quote from NoDoji:
As perfect as I am ( ), I've been 100% certain of seeing something that was later proven wrong and I simply couldn't believe I could've seen it differently. It happens no matter how precise you are in every aspect of your life. Our brains can deceive us.
+1, call it a neural misfire. It happens considerably more often when suffering from lack of sleep or using substances (either high amounts of caffeine or something more illegal).
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #65
oldtime

Quote:
Quote from d08:

+1, call it a neural misfire. It happens considerably more often when suffering from lack of sleep or using substances (either high amounts of caffeine or something more illegal).
yeah go cram it back up your jacked up ass. We know what we saw, we know what our price was. Why are you even wasting your time talking to people who don't know how to enter an order? I may get some fat fingers when I'm posting on ET, but not when it comes to price on an order, and I check it and I double check and usually I triple check it.

Oh by the way, I know you probably still don't beleive it but the Wright Brothers actually did fly a heavier than air craft in Ohio recently. Didn't see it? Oh, that explains why you still don't beleive it.

I can misfire more neurons in an hour than you could count in your short life time and still know where my stop was.
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #66
Fractals 'R Us

Quote:
Quote from gster210:

Ok then, thanks for stopping by, thanks for the money too... You might want to dial back the WHINING though... and you TYPED in the price? TYPED?? That's asking for trouble... Even IB has a chart trader thingy built in... I'm just sayin'