FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Technically Speaking > Automated Trading > HFT is Killing the EMini

Old Aug 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #37
rosy2

do you have anything besides themis? you do know they are regarded as a joke?
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #38
austinp

The only few people who defend HFTs have vested interest in doing so.

Objectively speaking, it is not trading... it is vampire leaching from order flow and true open interest. Algos do not create liquidity, they drain true liquidity.

To the people who admonish others about adapting: surviving traders have already adapted to the HFT/algo world. They adapted by trading smaller size and more round turns to combat the incessant counter-swing bursts and random spikes & slams that exist only because some bot is spreading futures against shares in liquidity-drain fashion.

Remember all the guys back in 2008 who gloated about $100k days and seven-figure profits? Where are all those big gains now? Same guys are still in the game... but they cannot work same size as three years ago. The tapes are much more erratic because of the illiquidity.

It's not that anyone cannot fill 100-lot ES... the fact is, who the hell wants to? The next real flash-crash will happen again, it'll happen soon and this time it will not recover intraday. When the next algo-driven crash hits this current market, it will finish the day off -1,000 index points on the Dow.

HFT is nothing but another temporary fad in the market. It ain't trading, it's just loopholed order flow theft and nothing more. HFT guys don't know the first thing about real trading, any more than SOES bandits did.

Same game, different era, same inevitable end.
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #39
Bob111

Quote:
Quote from rosy2:

do you have anything besides themis? you do know they are regarded as a joke?
like i said in some other thread-i have 10+ years of daytrading experience. at least 50+ transactions each day. sometimes -hundreds of them. and off course i have my own observations. i have exactly same experience like these themis guys describe. there is plenty of ET members, who ACTUALLY DO TRADE having similar problems with HFT.
i have no problems with MAESTRO approach,but i do have problem with fake orders,subpenny trades,orders with no intention to buy or sell anything.
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #40
SnakeEYE

Quote:
Quote from Bob111:

like i said in some other thread-i have 10+ years of daytrading experience. at least 50+ transactions each day. sometimes -hundreds of them.
лжешь собака!аз есмь царь!!!

Old Aug 16th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #41
Bob111

дык у меня нет проблем стейтменты показать и я это не раз тут делал. однако у пиплов тут есть проблемы поверить в то,что это не подделка. по этому поводу я тут хуйни разной уже наслушался.поэтому больше никого уговаривать не хочу в том что я не фокусник и фотожопом пользоваться не умею.. хотите верьте,хотите не верьте. мне все это ПО ХУЙ
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #42
SnakeEYE

Quote:
Quote from Bob111:

дык у меня нет проблем стейтменты показать и я это не раз тут делал. однако у пиплов тут есть проблемы поверить в то,что это не подделка. по этому поводу я тут хуйни разной уже наслушался.поэтому больше никого уговаривать не хочу в том что я не фокусник и фотожопом пользоваться не умею.. хотите верьте,хотите не верьте. мне все это ПО ХУЙ
haha..

i was only kidding

пересматривал старое кино советское и наткнулся на твой пост потом случайно.

happy trading!