FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > Journal of index futures trading [Part 2]

Closed Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #19
Jestersofmalice

Quote:
Quote from adamm2:

My edge: money management. You typed in one of your threads Tom, the one thing that will make you money in this game, yet I think for some reason don't realize it.
Can you expand on this at all? what MM principles are you referring to?
thanks

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #20
masterm1ne

Quote:
Quote from Bombardier:

TOS does not offer realtime quotes even when subscribed to their feeds? I'm with IB and it's all realtime on mobileTWS.

I have not found my day job to be a hindrance to my trading, same vice versa. Actually it has improved my trading, as I do not look at the market that much anymore to end up making unreasonable decisions at every move against my position. Instead I simply have my stop in place and everything will take care by itself. The performance has greatly improved since I stopped tracking every tick (which would not be the case if I was trading from home with nothing else to do). It seems you are into trend following with ES, too. Perhaps you can adapt your time frames and style to your job.
I have thought about doing that. If I do I'll have to cut back size to 1-2 contracts at the most. I know the power of not watching the market, it's responsible for my +5k nights.

Guess it's time to open an account with IB. Can you view depth of market and obtain tick/time based charts on mobileTWS?

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM   #21
masterm1ne

Quote:
Quote from Jestersofmalice:

Can you expand on this at all? what MM principles are you referring to?
thanks
Fixed percent risk. It is one of the better money/risk managment styles you can use.

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #22
Bombardier

Quote:
Quote from adamm2:

Guess it's time to open an account with IB. Can you view depth of market and obtain tick/time based charts on mobileTWS?
DOM not that I know of - only the current bid/ask and corresponding size. It is possible to switch between a few select time frames ranging from intraday 1D, 1W, 1M upto daily 3M, 6M, ... 5Y. Apparently, IB is still working on better mobile charting.

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #23
masterm1ne

Quote:
Quote from Bombardier:

DOM not that I know of - only the current bid/ask and corresponding size. It is possible to switch between a few select time frames ranging from intraday 1D, 1W, 1M upto daily 3M, 6M, ... 5Y. Apparently, IB is still working on better mobile charting.
Damn... another issues is from what I've seen and heard it sounds like the mobile apps just don't have the tools I'd need to feel comfortable trading. I have built custom indicators to assist me trade. I don't think I'll be able to use these on a mobile platform anytime soon from what I see.

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #24
1a2b3cppp

Quote:
Quote from adamm2:

I read one book that changed my outlook.
What book?

Closed Thread