FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Stocks > Chevy Volt a lemon for GM. Current administration makes sour lemonade.

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #49
Sandybestdog

Quote:
Quote from AAAintheBeltway:
So let me see if I understand your argument. GM, which is desperate to sell cars, is just refusing to build Volts, which have a huge pentup demand. The only reason the sales numbers aren't off the charts is that the cars are not available.

I'm not going to make jokes about car salesmens' credibility, but can't you see that this sounds a little hard to believe? Are there stats to back it up?

As for the auto bailouts, Bush gave them short term loans as he was leaving office. It was hardly a bailout. He thought the new president should have the chance to come up with his own plan for them. Obama's plan was to screw the legitimate secured creditors and make a big gift to the UAW. Kind of like what he is doing to the country at large. Give huge gifts to unionized government employees to maintain their lavish benefits under the label of stimulus and screw the rest of us who get to pay for it.
What stat's would you like me to provide? I don't understand your argument. What are you trying to prove? That demand is not there when it is when every dealer is begging for these? It's a new product. The battery packs are difficult to manufacture. I know it's hard for you to understand, but there are logistical things behind making these. They want to get it right on a small scale and slowly ramp up productions. Isn't that how it's supposed to be done? They know that ignorant people like you would like nothing more than for them to prematurely ramp up production and then have something go wrong. GM said from the start that it will probably lose money selling the Volt. The Volt is just the start of a new concept. GM's other brands are what is keeping it afloat. They are selling Cruze's, Camaro's, and Equinox's at full price right now. No rebates are needed.

This thread has gone from "the Volt is no good and there is no demand for it and GM is begging the government to subsidize it" to "oh we just hate GM cause they took a bailout and they're union". Come on, Bush gave them a little short term loan but Obama was the real crook?
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #50
BSAM

Quote:
Quote from Sandybestdog:

What stat's would you like me to provide?...
Dog---

Just do the right thing and go to work selling Fords, Hondas, or Toyotas. We'll all get along then. GM has got a bad name in this country. Face it.

BTW--While maybe it's true at your dealership, you don't really believe that a Cruze can't be bought for less than "full price"...do you?
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #51
achilles28

Quote:
Quote from denner:

On your other point, you echo my sentiments exactly about this depression. Or as somebody coined it the "silent depression" as there can be no outward signs of the guy down the street who strat. defaulted on his mortgage, collects those unemployment checks and quietly lives off of food stamps.
lol well said
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #52
Sandybestdog

Quote:
Quote from BSAM:
Dog---

Just do the right thing and go to work selling Fords, Hondas, or Toyotas. We'll all get along then. GM has got a bad name in this country. Face it.

BTW--While maybe it's true at your dealership, you don't really believe that a Cruze can't be bought for less than "full price"...do you?
Wow imagine if I did that. Ran my life so that it pleased all the miserable people on ET. GM has a bad name if you want it to have a bad name. Most of my customers are Conquest customers (switching from another brand). They must be doing something right. And yes, as discussed earlier, there is very little money in new cars. Of course we are discounting Cruze's. We have to stay competitive. I said GM was selling them at full price, not dealers. Dealers always get the raw end of the deal. We all bash each other to get a deal.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #53
AAAintheBeltway

Quote:
Quote from Sandybestdog:

What stat's would you like me to provide? I don't understand your argument. What are you trying to prove? That demand is not there when it is when every dealer is begging for these? It's a new product. The battery packs are difficult to manufacture. I know it's hard for you to understand, but there are logistical things behind making these. They want to get it right on a small scale and slowly ramp up productions. Isn't that how it's supposed to be done? They know that ignorant people like you would like nothing more than for them to prematurely ramp up production and then have something go wrong. GM said from the start that it will probably lose money selling the Volt. The Volt is just the start of a new concept. GM's other brands are what is keeping it afloat. They are selling Cruze's, Camaro's, and Equinox's at full price right now. No rebates are needed.

This thread has gone from "the Volt is no good and there is no demand for it and GM is begging the government to subsidize it" to "oh we just hate GM cause they took a bailout and they're union". Come on, Bush gave them a little short term loan but Obama was the real crook?
Why all the anger and insults?

Actually, I have nothing against GM. I drive a Tahoe and it's totally great. Had several GM products before that and liked them all a lot. All I was looking for was some confirmation that GM is not pushing out Volts. We know the sales figures have been terrible. You say it is because there is no inventory. Others say GM has made plenty of them and there is no demand. When you look at the high price, issues about range, etc the car looks like a tough sell to me but I'm not in a dealership every day. Whatever.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #54
Sandybestdog

Quote:
Quote from AAAintheBeltway:
Why all the anger and insults?

Actually, I have nothing against GM. I drive a Tahoe and it's totally great. Had several GM products before that and liked them all a lot. All I was looking for was some confirmation that GM is not pushing out Volts. We know the sales figures have been terrible. You say it is because there is no inventory. Others say GM has made plenty of them and there is no demand. When you look at the high price, issues about range, etc the car looks like a tough sell to me but I'm not in a dealership every day. Whatever.
Because you are being ignorant.

The others you are talking about are worthless bloggers who don't know what they are talking about. There are not 30,000 Volt's sitting around that can't be sold. If there are, please let me know. I'm sure my dealership would love to have them and sell every last one at MSRP. Since Rolls Royce only sold 2700 cars in 2010, does that mean nobody wants those either? Remember the iPhone? It was once $600 and in short supply. Not you can readily get one for $49.

Toyota is making a similiar plug in vehicle. Ford is coming out with an electric vehicle. Electric vehicles with extended range gas generators are the wave of the future. They are so much more efficient than traditional cars.