FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Stocks > Chevy Volt a lemon for GM. Current administration makes sour lemonade.

Old Jul 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #7
denner

A game of hot potato. One company that has lived off of subsidy will buy the garbage product of another company saved from the realities of the marketplace.

And people wonder why it's called a kleptocracy.
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #8
rc8222

Hey, if Adolph Obama and the Demo'craps' can order you to purchase health insurance, their next thing will be ordering you to buy these piece of shit Volts, or some other compact piece of crap car that we don't want. But that's supposed to be 'change' we can all believe in.
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #9
LEAPup

Quote:
Quote from bone:

GM has six months of Silverado truck inventory sitting in dealer lots. Everybody is buying the Ford F-150 with the V-6 TwinTurbo EcoBoost motor - gas mileage is actually very good as trucks go, and it will tow 10K pounds when you need it. The Silverado has no V-6 available.

This is what happens when the government gets into the business of choosing winners and losers in the marketplace.
SO TRUE! And I'm a former GM fan. I can tell you that after this last Yukon Denali, I will NEVER, EVER buy another GM vehicle! EVER!!!

Imo GM is a gonner. Just a matter of time. I don't feel sorry for them after all of the union crap they have allowed, and the FACT that they forgot they were in the business of making automobiles.
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #10
BSAM

Quote:
Quote from LEAPup:

SO TRUE! And I'm a former GM fan. I can tell you that after this last Yukon Denali, I will NEVER, EVER buy another GM vehicle! EVER!!!

Imo GM is a gonner. Just a matter of time. I don't feel sorry for them after all of the union crap they have allowed, and the FACT that they forgot they were in the business of making automobiles.
What you gonna be looking at, Leapie?
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #11
LEAPup

Quote:
Quote from BSAM:

What you gonna be looking at, Leapie?
You know I really don't know yet. I don't like the stigma that goes with the Subaru tree huggers, hippies, etc., but I drove one of the Legacy Limited (4dr sedan) models with the 3.6R boxer engine, and was stunned at how the thing performs. Plus it's all wheel drive.

I just really don't know yet.
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #12
bone
ET Sponsor

Ford Raptor

I have been smitten ever since the feature on 'Top Gear'. Thinking about ordering one from Hennessey.

Spread, Relative Value, and Correlation Trading Instruction from a Professional Trader. The only thing that matters are Clients making money IN LIVE MARKETS. Why not interview my clients for yourself on an independent basis. My typical client is an outright directional trader looking to pick up an industry-recognized specialty technique. http://www.spreadprofessor.com