FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home
 
    Forums > Main > Wall St. News > Video: Trader, Paul Tudor Jones

Old Mar 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #73
Gabfly1
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Quote from Rodney King:

My point was, WTF do you know about whether they stay in touch? You've answered the question.
I didn't say they don't stay in touch. Those are your words. I said they parted company.

http://www.streetstories.com/pb_futures98.html

"WTF" indeed, Rodney. You're a bit like marketsurfer himself when he criticizes trend trading after first defining it in his own narrow and self-serving way consistent with his ongoing narrative. If you are going to criticize me, at least criticize what I actually wrote and not what you wish I wrote.
    Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #74
Rodney King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,846
Clipping from 1998?... Don't they have current material at the reference desk?
    Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #75
Gabfly1
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Quote from Rodney King:

Clipping from 1998?... Don't they have current material at the reference desk?
Perhaps they should write more often about when Borish and PTJ parted company in the '90s. So that I could present you with something more up to date about how they parted company in the '90s. Your pedantry is revealing.
    Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #76
RCG Trader
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,332
Quote:
Quote from Gabfly1:

Well, he has since parted company with Borish, and with that, I would like to think, maybe his goofiness about Elliot and Gann. As I recall, those long-term charts did not exactly deliver as expected.

I think the important thing is that he notes ninety-percent of any great trader is going to be the risk control. The remainder is, therefore, a matter of finding reasonable entry momentum. Therefore, as long as the 90% is the focal point, any reasonable identification of imminent or early momentum will do for the remaining 10% of the equation. And I would think PTJ has honed both variables over the decades.
He missed the crash by only four months, but he called for one in 1986. I don't know PTJ played the crash, but there was identifiable weakness before. That would make for some interesting tape.

And you are very right about risk.
    Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #77
Pekelo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Your heart and mind
Posts: 9,680
Quote:
Quote from ej420:

anyone know how to download the video from the chinese website?
In my previous post I gave the link where you can download the video from. It is a torrent....
    Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #78
Wayne Gibbous
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,740
That's a pretty good little movie. Lots of lessons in there and well worth the time to watch it.

But I don't get what all the clamor was about, with Surfy selling all those "original" copies...
    Quote
 
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump



   Conduct Rules   Privacy Policy   Sitemap Copyright © 2014, Elite Trader. All rights reserved.   

WHILE YOU'RE HERE, TAKE A MINUTE TO VISIT SOME OF OUR SPONSORS:
Advantage Futures
Futures Trading & Clearing
Alpha 7 Trading Academy
Proprietary Trading Education
AMP Global Clearing
Futures and FX Trading
Bright Trading
Professional Equities Trading
CTS
Futures Trading Software
DaytradingBias.com
Professional Trading Analytics
ECHOtrade
Professional Trading Firm
eSignal
Trading Software Provider
FXCM
Forex Trading Services
Global Futures
Futures, Options & FX Trading
Interactive Brokers
Pro Gateway to World Markets
JC Trading Group
Direct Access Trading
MB Trading
Direct Access Trading
MultiCharts
Trading Software Provider
NinjaTrader
Trading Software Provider
OANDA
Currency Trading
optionshouse
Option Trading & Education
Rithmic
Futures Trade Execution Platform
SpeedTrader
Direct Access Trading
SpreadProfessor
Spread Trading Instruction
thinkorswim by TD Ameritrade
Direct Access TradingAdvertisement
TradersStudio
System Building & Backtesting
Trading Technologies
Trading Software Provider
Trend Following
Trading Systems Provider