FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Wall St. News > Video: Trader, Paul Tudor Jones

Old Mar 25th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #55
RCG Trader

Quote:
Quote from marketsurfer:

I used TA also in 1990-- hand drawn charts and turning them upside down for insight. I moved on, don't be surprised if Mr. Jones has also. Maybe drop his ex chief TA guy, Peter, a note, ask him if he still uses gann elliot and TA--LOL!

Most evolve out of untestable nonsense eventually-- some never do.

surf
So what you imply is that PTJ is showing methods that are outdated now. What, precisely has changed about the market? There are still buyers, sellers, volume, and a way to record their behavior. What is so different?

Answer: Nothing.

Worse, you also indict yourself by suggesting that you were selling videos of this trader, knowing that his methods were antiquated.

Is that ethical, surf?

Or does it matter to you?
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #56
Pekelo

I think we should stop bullying poor Surf. He is clearly the missunderstood, weird kid in the schoolyard...

I am opening up the betting line on PTJ's ability to shut down the Tudou video. Last time this happened on Youtube back in 2009, it was only available for less than a week, before his lawyers got to it. It was also removed from Zshare.com, and I don't think they are American...

So what say you, will the Tudou video removed in let's say 2 weeks or not???
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #57
Gabfly1

Quote:
Quote from RCG Trader:

...Worse, you also indict yourself by suggesting that you were selling videos of this trader, knowing that his methods were antiquated.

Is that ethical, surf?

Or does it matter to you?
Surfer posts: the gifts that keep on giving.
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #58
Gabfly1

Quote:
Quote from Pekelo:

...poor Surf. He is clearly the missunderstood...
Indeed. And perhaps he is the one who mostly misunderstands himself, judging by the repeated and ongoing internal inconsistency of just about anything he has to say.

Perhaps we could cheer him up if someone were to buy one of his remaining PTJ videos or at least a Madoff hanky (with certified genuine DNA remnants)...
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #59
RCG Trader

Quote:
Quote from Pekelo:

I think we should stop bullying poor Surf. He is clearly the missunderstood, weird kid in the schoolyard...

I am opening up the betting line on PTJ's ability to shut down the Tudou video. Last time this happened on Youtube back in 2009, it was only available for less than a week, before his lawyers got to it. It was also removed from Zshare.com, and I don't think they are American...

So what say you, will the Tudou video removed in let's say 2 weeks or not???
If it is redacted, as surf implies, they would be smart to let it stay up, as disinformation, to throw the rest of us off the scent, so to speak.

OTOH, I will give it a month, that it is up there if it is authentic. International channels and all that.

No one is picking on Surf, he was the big kid on the block for a long time. Now he eschews TA. But one the greatest traders ever known uses it. And not just any TA, elliott and gann of all things. And there is no refuting it either, they talk about b waves and superimposing 49 year charts over the current charts in the video, which is classic Gann.

Surf backed himself in a corner and it is fair in a public forum to call him on it.

As you have many times

ps. I know you were tongue in cheek about protecting surf as you have ripped him a new one a couple of times just off the top of my head
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #60
RCG Trader

Quote:
Quote from Gabfly1:

Surfer posts: the gifts that keep on giving.
I gotta give Surf credit, without his posts, I would not have learned how to code in order to reverse engineer his stuff.

Here's to you MarketSurfer!!!!!