FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Trading Software > QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #769
david63

Quote:
Quote from j_medved:

@david63

On the Alerts screen, you can click on ALERT DEFAULTS tab and set the default audio alert. NOTE: QT lets you set separate defaults for each alert type, so first select the alert type, then set the audio default. Repeat for each alert type that you use.
OPS...sorry i oversight it so i asked..!

THX very much :-)
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #770
mmoy

Sometimes Ameritrade streaming works for me and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to work when I setup a connection before the market opens and leave the connection on.

I haven't been able to get Etrade to work for a few years though I don't log into Etrade very often. I just have a token account there as a QuoteTracker source. I will try to log in tomorrow to see if there's any problem with my account or if there's something that I have to do.

I have QT working with Ameritrade right now and don't want to play around with Etrade as a source.

I'm also running through a proxy and firewall which might have something to do with it.
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #771
david63

Hi Jerry,

what symbol do i have to use for 30 industrial if i Hist. backfill with yahoo?

i lost it and i dont recall it anymore!!!

THX

David
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #772
trade2live

for Yahoo symbols, just go to the relevant yahoo finance page to find them. For the Dow it's ^DJI for ex.

Anyone has this problem with QT, backfill now works since I downloaded the patch but around the end of the equity session, it's like QT resets and I lose all data for the day, it starts with stock symbols then all symbols. Every day I have to backfill at the start of the session. And btw Yahoo hist- backfill doesn't work for me .
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #773
david63

Quote:
Quote from trade2live:

for Yahoo symbols, just go to the relevant yahoo finance page to find them. For the Dow it's ^DJI for ex.

Anyone has this problem with QT, backfill now works since I downloaded the patch but around the end of the equity session, it's like QT resets and I lose all data for the day, it starts with stock symbols then all symbols. Every day I have to backfill at the start of the session. And btw Yahoo hist- backfill doesn't work for me .
I already tried w ^DJI but it doesnt work. Anyway it's only from today because on the past days i didnt have any problems...

u wrote:
"Every day I have to backfill at the start of the session"

never experienced such a problem...r u sure that it isnt somethin else that cause it? like a prog that cleans things up

THX
D.
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #774
j_medved

Yahoo symbol for 30 industriald is ^DJI. In the past, Yahoo sometimes had issues backfilling the last day.. Try switching to BigCharts for the historical backfill

As for losing the data, no idea.