FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Educational Resources > A list of all scam unregulated 3rd party educational vendors

Old Feb 24th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #691
RichardRimes

area code 801 is Utah and for whatever reason MANY scams originate out of utah so beware.

EMG how about Hindsight Trading...charging 10K to learn their "propitiatory" signals and how to trade emini's. Another group out of Utah. My nephew is thinking of signing on and he has absolutely no experience in the markets or in trading.

Quote:
Quote from usrx201:

I had an email from Preston James' organization which said they couldn't reach me by phone. (I'm glad I had changed my phone when I moved), so to please call them. Yeah right. If I did so my phone would be passed around Preston's sales army. I had 7 calls from different people throughout the year even bothering me at work. $6000 for the basic "mentoring", $10,000 for the classic. I had signed up for Preston's master trader online program. All it was , was bad calls on stocks using covered calls with some put protection which always ended up losers or eaten up by bad fills and over adjustments. I doubt he ever traded those live. I made sure I was canceled, and I still had access to the website! even though I don't really look at the bogus calls anymore. I was only checking if I was canceled. At least my credit card was not charged anymore annually, but looks like they moved on and don't even have anyone hired to enforce the website. The main program is the selling of "mentorships". The website is just a front to get your info and phone number on the phone list to pressure sale mentorships! And always with calls by what sounds like newly hired poor salespeople who don't know how to trade. A few months ago, I got spammed with email by Preston's organization to check out Karson Keith's new option trading program. It was "first mate" Karson taking over for Preston one day on the newsletter who had a bad call on a chinese stock that cost me at least a thousand dollars the year before. I was dismayed to find out Karson's video was that of a some fast talking kid who didn't look over 24. and just pitching and pitching and pitching. Here's the last video that came in an email with the "midnight" deadline. After 20 or so of his pitching video links in the emails before. At first the pitch was like $1000 for the program, then "great deal" to halve that to $500. And now with this last email it's $97. No doubt, just an entry to more pushing for more "advanced" programs later on..

http://stockwizkid.kajabi.com/sp/6528-stock-wiz-kid

And here's the latest email I got from one of Preston's seemingly new hires:

""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hoping to speak with you directly- Pirate office
Wayne Wiseman [waynew@tradersedgenetwork.com]

Hi < >,
Unfortunately, I have not been able to connect with you so I thought I send one last email. We know at some point you showed an interest in Option Trading by purchasing some of our materials.

I'd like to spend a few minutes with you and talk about your trading and introduce you to a very unique training opportunity. Most of what we offer, is offered to the open public, any one can purchase our materials. We'd like to chat with you about entering into an Internship with a professional trader, one on one. Unlike our study materials, the Internships we offer are not opened to the general public. We find too many traders, trade to win, not necessarily trade to make money (if you think about it, there's a difference). An Internship is for those people who are serious about making a lot of money through their trading. For these folks, trading is not a hobby, but a business that they take very seriously.

I'd like to invite you to give me a call. If this turns out not to be the right fit at this time, at least you'll know what to do to prepare for it down the road. I've set aside today and tomorrow to have these discussions.

I hope to hear from you.

Best Regards!

A. Wayne Wiseman
Director of Education
Pirates office:
801-769-8983
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #692
nakachalet

Quote:
Quote from RichardRimes:

area code 801 is Utah and for whatever reason MANY scams originate out of utah so beware.

EMG how about Hindsight Trading...charging 10K to learn their "propitiatory" signals and how to trade emini's. Another group out of Utah. My nephew is thinking of signing on and he has absolutely no experience in the markets or in trading.
EMG how about Hindsight Trading...charging 10K to learn their "propitiatory" signals and how to trade emini's.

are you serious that our EMG, our one and only EMG....

is a trading educator....?

and charging 10K usd each....?

are you sure, richard, that you are not having a mistaken identity here, pls?

can you enlighten us some, pls? thx.

besides, this is exactly what emg himself/herself stated publicly on this thread that:

Beware small traders! These vendors can cheat, manipulate u and walk away with your money.

you certainly are not implying that our one and only emg is fraudulent in any sense, correct?

besides, it seems someone has taken down my prior post concerning emg a couple of hours ago focusing on his statement that EMG TRADES WITHOUT A STOP AND THAT STOPS ARE FOR LOSERS.... perhaps it is the internet glitch.... LOL

BUT I AM ONLY ASKING EMG TO SHOW US SOME OF HIS LIVE TRADES NEXT MONDAY OR TUESDAY SHOWING US THAT HE REALLY TRADES LIVE WITHOUT STOP....

there is really no need to take down such open nonderogatory question asking for clarification and confirmation, is there?

i am quite perplexed and bewildered. does someone know what is going on here, pls?

thx and cheers.
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #693
vikana

Quote:
Quote from edbar:

I have seen that report and there were a few losers, but I agree there were only a few. However, I have run the strategy that they are trading and it is simply closing winners every day and adding to losers on 10% drops and then closing posiitons LIFO.

edbar,

I find it fascinating that you post a positive review (pretending to be a user) about CoolTrade, defend it here, and then in your profile have yourself listed as the CEO of CoolTrade.

Maybe not entirely unbiased or am I missing something?
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #694
irwired

I have been reading some of this thread and I don't get the scam thing

I have been using a preset strategy unattended.

Let me share last weeks results.

With 29800 starting balance, running unattended while i was at work, my trader made 3876.22

I am not an experienced trader by anyone's definition.

The guys at Robotic Trading have been absolutely excellent in customer service.

My CFA nephew is impressed with the software and the results.

Bottom line..not a scam, just real people giving real people a tool that gives us a level playing field with the bigs.

Cheers
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #695
edbar

Location: customersupport@cool-trade.com / http://www.cool-trade.com
Quote:
Quote from vikana:

edbar,

I find it fascinating that you post a positive review (pretending to be a user) about CoolTrade, defend it here, and then in your profile have yourself listed as the CEO of CoolTrade.

Of course, I am the founder/creator of CoolTrade. That has never been a secret.

I am forced to have to help defend the software because someone (LINQ), a non-user of the software put a false/fake review, where he even gave scores about the usability and documentation of the software/system, when he has never been a subscriber.

I have made a post to the CoolTrade Community board to request they come here too post their comments about the software.

I don't mind people discussing the CoolTrade software on the EliteTrader board, as that has been going on for years. The objection is:

1. the person lying about the software when in fact he never used the software.

2. discussing the CoolTrade software on a "scam" thread, even though CoolTrade is a legitimate business with respected software (and no user complaining about it), with respected broker dealers connected to it. See the CoolTrade partner page here: http://www.cool-trade.com/partners/partners.asp

3. even if one does not like the particular strategy in question (a Dow 30 strategy), that does not mean the "software" or "cooltrade" is a scam.

4. LINQ also told NO details about the Dow 30 strategy, other than his false statement saying that it ONLY BUYS and holds a stock and waits for the price to go up. When in fact that strategy is much more complex that utilizes many features only found in the CoolTrade system. Not only does it add to losing positions at appropriate times (only after at least a 10% drop), but many other conditions must be true including rules containing MACD and Parabolic Sar, overall market conditions, sector conditions, etc., but it also sells the newly opened position LIFO. Whereas a Mutual fund will only go LONG and then hold forever and ride the stock up and down and take no profits, the CoolTrade software has features like Profit Protection, ability to ride the profitable trade higher until it pulls back, and more, to lock in profits. That strategy can open an initial position at $30 and ride the price down to $20 and then trade it 100 times at the lower price, and be radically profitable and never see the stock go back to $30.

The CoolTrade discussion simply does not belong on this thread!
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #696
Flanco

Quote:
Quote from vikana:

edbar,

Is not the purpose of this thread to be able to defend yourself?!! Thanks for the insight edbar!