FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > Trading on "Instynct" (NQ)

Old Nov 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #79
Instynct

I'm still in a sort of wait and see mode. I like how they flipped 2100, so overall pretty strong still. Morning trading is very volatile and sentiment can change very easily, but I'm leaning on upside for now until price tells me otherwise
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM   #80
Instynct

ES 79 level is where VWAP is about to converge with daily pivot. This has to hold or ES might see lows
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #81
Maverick1

109 beckons...
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #82
Instynct

Lunch time now, and ES price action kept me sidelined for most of morning from playing an upside breakout. ES just felt weak this morning.

We are barely in mid week so plenty of trading left. Will look for a break out one way or the other later on in the day.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #83
Maverick1

With the compression in volatility in equities, are there any other trading vehicles you've looked at that are worth a try? It seems that with a sub 20 VIX, intraday trading goes from super hard to hyper hard...
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #84
Instynct

Quote:
Quote from Maverick1:

With the compression in volatility in equities, are there any other trading vehicles you've looked at that are worth a try? It seems that with a sub 20 VIX, intraday trading goes from super hard to hyper hard...
I've mostly only traded NQ exclusively for the last 3 yrs, and before then I was trading stocks. CL seems to be pretty volatile so perhaps you can give that a try.

When you focus only on one market, you have to constantly adapt to the fluctuations in volume throughout the day and week. This is what makes it so hard because lower volume means less participants, which makes price behavior change from the normal to high volume. But once you've followed a particular market long enough you develop an intuitive feel for it, and you couple that with sound price action principles, its a deadly combo.

But all that goes out the window if you can't manage yourself personally. That's whole another discussion