Registered: Jul 2007
10-15-10 03:37 AM
syswiz, couple of comments.
1st I appreciate your input. While this blog is mostly for me, you're pretty much the only one providing other idea, so like I said, your input is highly appreciated.
2nd. I'm all ears for ideas ;-). The problem is my systems are mostly mid/long term, usually holding 3 weeks to 3 month. So based on that I always allocate a fixed % of my account for new trades but I agree if there's a better way to trade smaller when I'm not in the zone and trade larger then the systems work well, I should leverage it. I'm just not sure what the right review period is, haven't backtested any of this nor any real handle on when to step up the size or lower it. Based on these holding patterns, do you think if I've three losing weeks in a row I should reduce the size or close the existing positions, or both? Most strategies are mean reversion, so I may close it at just the worst time.
Today was my first non losing day in a long time. I lost the last seven trading sessions. Today I broke even (technically I was up 2 bucks). I'm hoping the bleeding starts to slow down now, I'm also hoping google qualifies for an S2 trade tomorrow. We'll see.
Like I said, your input is welcome