FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Hardware > tradingcomputers.com. have i just been played for the fool?

Old Jan 25th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #43
traderharley

I took Scataphagos's recommendation and bought Dell T3500 with W3690 CPU for $900, it runs great!
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #44
Scataphagos

Quote:
Quote from traderharley:

I took Scataphagos's recommendation and bought Dell T3500 with W3690 CPU for $900, it runs great!
$900? I never saw such a deal.

Newegg sells that CPU alone for $1,085.
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #45
Chadd Hessing

Hello all ET members,

In earlier posts I mentioned that we have multiple tradingcomputers.com boxes here. We still have them hooked up to 6 monitors and they work great.

With all the talk about DELL in this forum, I thought I'd also mention that we have multiple Dell Optiplex 990's here that come preconfigured for 4 monitors if you order it with the Dual 512MB AMD Radeon HD 6350 Dual VGA graphics card.

This box is less than $800.00 and is the perfect fit for those looking for a preconfigured box that supports multiple monitors. Just don't ask Dell about mulitple monitors, they don't know anything. It has to be the Optiplex 990 with the above mentioned card from what I've found.

Hope this helps those of you searching for a trading box.
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #46
J.P.

Quote:
Quote from WinstonTJ:

I disagree with this. Dell & HP make excellent workstations and desktops that are equally expandable as a custom machine.
Well, I've griped about this before. I have a three-year-old HP Pavilion Elite d5000t ATX which came with a Burbank-GL8E board. I tried to replace the CPU cooler with a silent one. The stock cooler has a fan that is screwed to the heat sink which in turn is attached to the board with thin screws. The screw holes in the board are too narrow to accommodate any silent coolers that I have found. I even tried using the HP screws with a new cooler to no avail. I have been unable to find a silent cooler that would fit. And apparently there are no silent heat-sink fans (without the heat sink). All I can find are 80 x 80 three-pin case fans, not the needed four-pin CPU fan. (If someone knows of such a fan I would be grateful for the information.)

Anyway, the point is the proprietary size of the holes in the HP board. Something you likely wouldn't think about or ask about when you make a purchase.
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #47
trading spaces

Quote:
Quote from J.P.:

Well, I've griped about this before. I have a three-year-old HP Pavilion Elite d5000t ATX which came with a Burbank-GL8E board. I tried to replace the CPU cooler with a silent one. The stock cooler has a fan that is screwed to the heat sink which in turn is attached to the board with thin screws. The screw holes in the board are too narrow to accommodate any silent coolers that I have found. I even tried using the HP screws with a new cooler to no avail. I have been unable to find a silent cooler that would fit. And apparently there are no silent heat-sink fans (without the heat sink). All I can find are 80 x 80 three-pin case fans, not the needed four-pin CPU fan. (If someone knows of such a fan I would be grateful for the information.)

Anyway, the point is the proprietary size of the holes in the HP board. Something you likely wouldn't think about or ask about when you make a purchase.
ask on www.silentpcreview.com
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #48
J.P.

Quote:
Quote from trading spaces:

ask on www.silentpcreview.com
Thank you for that, trading spaces, I will.