FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Wall St. News > "Hedge funds scurry to sever ties with Cohen's SAC Capital"

Old Dec 24th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #1
wilburbear

http://www.deepcapture.com/sac-capit...sider-trading/
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Gcapman

These hedge fund chumps are nothing

I will show you all what true trading should look like
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #3
flytiger

Quote:
Quote from Gcapman:

These hedge fund chumps are nothing

I will show you all what true trading should look like
Long as you do it clean. Go for it. But no arm busting, calling suppliers saying the vendor is no good, putting lackies in the target companies as employees, bribing reporters, congressmen, regulators.

Oh, I can't wait for the first week in January. I really can't.
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Tide31

Weak. The far-reaching deepcapture site claims insider trading, then backs it up with some 6-7 year old e-mails. That the regulators already passed on! I think Reg FD is primarily like a 24 hour window thing with respect to analysts. Not exactly sure of the wording in Reg FD. Comparing notes with an analyst who's yet to publish a single report at a new firm a month+ before he publishes something, is not going to send anybody to the big house. I would sue the guy for slander with regards to the FBI thing.
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #5
flytiger

Quote:
Quote from Tide31:

Weak. The far-reaching deepcapture site claims insider trading, then backs it up with some 6-7 year old e-mails. That the regulators already passed on! I think Reg FD is primarily like a 24 hour window thing with respect to analysts. Not exactly sure of the wording in Reg FD. Comparing notes with an analyst who's yet to publish a single report at a new firm a month+ before he publishes something, is not going to send anybody to the big house. I would sue the guy for slander with regards to the FBI thing.
That makes it OK? They're old? And the regulators passed on it? Interesting.

By the way, the FFH case is ongoing in Canada, and the same thugs are defendants there, too.
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #6
JuddBagley

I wrote that piece, by the way. I'm glad you at least read it before responding. You'd be surprised how many message board people don't do at least that much.
Quote:
Quote from Tide31:
Weak. The far-reaching deepcapture site claims insider trading, then backs it up with some 6-7 year old e-mails. That the regulators already passed on!
As I recall, they passed on Bernie Madoff, too (four or five times).
And when Gary Aguirre wanted to depose John Mack, they passed on that one, as well. And then they fired Aguirre. And then actively defamed him.
That the SEC routinely "passes" when confronted with evidence of misdeeds by the big guys is pretty much axiomatic.

Quote:
Quote from Tide31:
Comparing notes with an analyst who's yet to publish a single report at a new firm a month+ before he publishes something, is not going to send anybody to the big house.
First, I never said they're going to the big house for this episode. I'm simply demonstrating a certain modus operandi. I believe insider trading is one way short sellers grow 25% per anum in the midst of the greatest bull market of all time.
Second, there may be nothing wrong with an analyst "comparing notes" with anybody. What is wrong is influencing the report and then trading ahead of its publication. If we can't agree on that, I doubt we'll agree on much else.

Quote:
Quote from Tide31:
I would sue the guy for slander with regards to the FBI thing.
I would love to be sued by one of those hedge funds for defamation (which is what it's called when written). I can't tell you how much I would welcome that.