FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > CL Redux

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #28831
Trendytrader

With FEDs pushing ZIRP it has to go somewhere.....oil commodity market look good for $150.....maybe the 2007 GS prediction will come true.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #28832
BCE

Quote:
Quote from Trendytrader:

With FEDs pushing ZIRP it has to go somewhere.....oil commodity market look good for $150.....maybe the 2007 GS prediction will come true.
GS is full of it. Are you long?

You remember what happened the last time it got to 142. The government won't tolerate that. Trust me. Especially in an election year.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #28833
Zr1Trader

Quote:
Quote from Trendytrader:

I'm a simple guy so I think in simple terms. When oil was $140 last circus ride we didn't have , Tarp, Twist, Zirp, chirp skip and chop from Obama ,bernanke yet.

What will the next high spike in oil be with all this new money since 09?

Then on the other hand, How long can an economny in this state last with $120+ oil.

The market shall speak.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #28834
mkw111

Why is this not a chance to bring these prices higher by the big boys, Gpldman and JP?

We have been in a small range and what better opportunity to use the Iran issue to bring to new high's. Ok so now we wait and see what news brings awhile oil goes 105,50 zone has been reached. if we stay here above 105 then 106.19 , 106.91, 107.20 108. 60, 110.30 we may test the highs of 114 anything above 114 yikes.

So now we will see the news tackle this oil spike and american people scream and the big boys play. Now they have a big swing to play with in oil, before was a small range.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #28835
Trendytrader

Quote:
Quote from Zr1Trader:

I'm a simple guy so I think in simple terms. When oil was $140 last circus ride we didn't have , Tarp, Twist, Zirp, chirp skip and chop from Obama ,bernanke yet.

What will the next high spike in oil be with all this new money since 09?

Then on the other hand, How long can an economny in this state last with $120+ oil.

The market shall speak.
It looks like we are going to have a boom and bust in commodities once more.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...mmodities.html

“We are seeing confidence return to the market,” said James Paulsen, 53, the Minneapolis-based chief investment strategist at Wells Capital Management, which oversees about $330 billion of assets. “The U.S. is doing well. Europe is trying to resolve its issues. Going forward, we will see commodities move up significantly.”
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #28836
BCE

Quote:
Quote from mkw111:

Why is this not a chance to bring these prices higher by the big boys, Gpldman and JP?

We have been in a small range and what better opportunity to use the Iran issue to bring to new high's. Ok so now we wait and see what news brings awhile oil goes 105,50 zone has been reached. if we stay here above 105 then 106.19 , 106.91, 107.20 108. 60, 110.30 we may test the highs of 114 anything above 114 yikes.

So now we will see the news tackle this oil spike and american people scream and the big boys play. Now they have a big swing to play with in oil, before was a small range.
Your first post. Congratulations. I'm worried that this will also bring out the people that want to add more regulations to commodity trading with their cries of, "Too many specualtors!". Hope that doesn't eventually affect us.

I do think speculation is driving this to this level and it does definitely have an effect on the economy and people's lives. So that's not cool with the average working person. Can't blame them for feeling that way.