FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > CL Redux

Old Feb 18th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #28807
BCE

Back to bed for a few. The window in my van decided last night it didn't want to go up any more and would rather just remain in the door. Must be tired. See if I can fix it later, which entails tearing apart the door. Cheers.
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #28808
beachhouse

Quote:
Quote from BCE:

Back to bed for a few. The window in my van decided last night it didn't want to go up any more and would rather just remain in the door. Must be tired. See if I can fix it later, which entails tearing apart the door. Cheers.
You live in a van?

where do you get the internet connection?

Oh, I got it, you park near McDonald's. free wi-fi !!!!
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #28809
beachhouse

I have a dream: I shorted at 104 coming Tuesday, big time, like 50 contracts, then held it until Friday when price dropped to 95. That's 9000x50=$450,000 profit.

Two things may happen in the coming week: a huge inventory build up and some glitch in Greece bailout. Don't mind CNBC highlighting banks' downgrades.

Anyone wants to make this bet, if you are tired of picking up nickles and dimes?
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #28810
BCE

Quote:
Quote from BCE:

Fixed my van window in less than an hour. What a handy guy that BCE is. Had no idea what I was doing, but just figured out how it worked by looking at it. This wasn't all that easy as it was fairly well hidden by the sheet metal of the door. Was just hoping it didn't have any broken parts or that it would be too hard to fix and I'd have to pay someone to do it. Sometimes things go well.
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #28811
Zr1Trader

Quote:
Quote from beachhouse:

I have a dream: I shorted at 104 coming Tuesday, big time, like 50 contracts, then held it until Friday when price dropped to 95. That's 9000x50=$450,000 profit.

Two things may happen in the coming week: a huge inventory build up and some glitch in Greece bailout. Don't mind CNBC highlighting banks' downgrades.

Anyone wants to make this bet, if you are tired of picking up nickles and dimes?
In 2010 I had a dream that I shorted Dow and it crashed big time netting me a large amount of money (don't know exact amount). I woke up, the next morning disappointing because the dream seemed so real at the time but wasn't. Never had a dream about a market scenario like this prior to that night.

Two weeks later, May 6th 2010, I started building a large short as the market started cracking hard past -350. I kept risk at BE or better the whole way down and just kept adding. Came out with my biggest day of my career. I pinched myself for a half hour straight after that one and called the broker worried that they would try to bust trades lol

Keep in tune with your subconscious it might lead to a good day
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #28812
riskaddict

Quote:
Quote from beachhouse:

I would feel much better taking a swing short at 107 than here. Unless that close ends up being a failed break out. I'm so pissed I quit early Friday, I sat there forever waiting for 103.60 to be breached then when it did...

IF we get back below 103.60 quick and stay there for a day then yes all in short.

I had a dream I bought 5 KC's at 200 and rode it to 230 I think that would be good for 60k. I'm sure I'll puss out and sell everything at 210