FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Educational Resources > VSA - Dr. Gary Dayton's Course

Old Sep 28th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #1
Snowman75

Hi,

I have been reading about volume spread analysis. I find it really interesting and have been looking at charts everyday to identify the signs of VSA. I've read the Tom William's ebooks.

While I am not sure how a trade setup would best be executed using VSA, I am convinced that VSA is a valid method. However, its not as simple as looking at a couple of bars. It appears that it does need time to sink in. I think the more I read and re-read, the more it makes sense and I am starting slowly to see things.

On one thread I noticed some excellent comments and chart analysis by a guy who had a link at the bottom of his posts. I followed the link and found more comments on various charts. The guy looks legit. From what I have seen it looks like he probably trades. On the other hand, he does give some seminars and courses... and well, you always wonder why :-)

Gar Dayton has an eight week course on volume spread analysis and apparently has setups too.

http://www.tradingpsychologyedge.com...tember-25-2009

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Thank you,

Snowman75
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #2
jetus

Snowman;

are you still looking at VSA? If so reply, I have been studying it for a while now. Have a pdf that I can send you as well that goes into depth.

Gary Dayton was part of the following seminar, he seems to convey some good info.

https://www.tradeguider.com/bestofwy...il/video1.aspx
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Shawn

Jetus

"are you still looking at VSA? If so reply, I have been studying it for a while now. Have a pdf that I can send you as well that goes into depth."

I know this was posted back in January, but it would be much appreciated if you could send a copy of the PDF to me :-)

I just found out about it not too long ago and I am trying to do some research on it.

Thanks!!
-Shawn
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:41 AM   #4
daveb351

I've used VSA for several years, started with Tom Williams then Tradequider. However, IMHO Bill Duryea of ioamt.com has a better understanding of the volume/price relationship. Watch some of his videoes: https://ioamt.omnovia.com/archives
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 10:19 AM   #5
dandxg

Quote:
Quote from daveb351:

I've used VSA for several years, started with Tom Williams then Tradequider. However, IMHO Bill Duryea of ioamt.com has a better understanding of the volume/price relationship. Watch some of his videoes: https://ioamt.omnovia.com/archives
While I recently learned some good stuff from Bill D., how to actually read the footprint well I think that Kam of L2ST.co.uk was better. Both use Market Delta and Market Profile. Gary is a good guy he used to post on TL, its been awhile since I have read his posts. Bill seems to over trade IMO he always in and out.
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:44 PM   #6
jetus

Quote:
Quote from Shawn:

Jetus

"are you still looking at VSA? If so reply, I have been studying it for a while now. Have a pdf that I can send you as well that goes into depth."

I know this was posted back in January, but it would be much appreciated if you could send a copy of the PDF to me :-)

I just found out about it not too long ago and I am trying to do some research on it.

Thanks!!
-Shawn