FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Trading > Do you "bid whack"?

Old Sep 25th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Scraff

Quote:
do you know what "bid whacker" is?

the "bid whacker " is A slang term for an investor who sells shares at or below the bid price. This is considered outside the norm, as sellers normally settle for a price between the bid and ask quotes. The person is said to "whack the bid down", since selling at or below the bid will usually lower future bids. Bid whacking usually perturbs other sellers, since it may temporarily drive down the market price of a security.
http://myforexbrokers.net/do_you_kno...22_is%253F.htm

I've made a few hundred stock trades and I find it almost impossible to get someone to buy my shares above the bid. When it does happen, it's not for all the shares and then I have to modify the order to sell the rest, paying double in commissions. Are you a bid whacker? Do you want to beat bid whackers with a stick?
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #2
hajimow

Quote:
Quote from Scraff:

http://myforexbrokers.net/do_you_kno...22_is%253F.htm

I've made a few hundred stock trades and I find it almost impossible to get someone to buy my shares above the bid. When it does happen, it's not for all the shares and then I have to modify the order to sell the rest, paying double in commissions. Are you a bid whacker? Do you want to beat bid whackers with a stick?
Your definition of bid whacking contradicts with what you say. The reason that you have not see bid whacking is the you are the seller. Bid whacking is for the time that you want to kame sure your shares are sold because market is dropping so you know that by the time you put your order, market is lower. You also don't want to sell it at the market because your shares might get sold much lower.
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Scraff

Quote:
Quote from hajimow:

Your definition of bid whacking contradicts with what you say.
Where?

Quote:
The reason that you have not see bid whacking is the you are the seller.
Huh?

Quote:
Bid whacking is for the time that you want to kame sure your shares are sold because market is dropping so you know that by the time you put your order, market is lower.
That might be a reason to bid whack, but what does this have to do with anything?
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #4
hughb

You honestly don't see where you are contradicting?

First you post this about bid whacking:

Quote:
the "bid whacker " is A slang term for an investor who sells shares at or below the bid price
Then you post this about yourself:

Quote:
I've made a few hundred stock trades and I find it almost impossible to get someone to buy my shares above the bid.
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #5
Scraff

Quote:
Quote from hughb:

You honestly don't see where you are contradicting?
No, I don't. According to the definition I supplied, a bid whacker buys at or below the bid. I wrote: "I find it almost impossible to get someone to buy my shares above the bid." So, I am a "bid whacker". What part of the two quotes of mine that I posted do you find contradictory?
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #6
hughb

Quote:
Quote from Scraff:

No, I don't. According to the definition I supplied, a bid whacker buys at or below the bid. I wrote: "I find it almost impossible to get someone to buy my shares above the bid." So, I am a "bid whacker". What part of the two quotes of mine that I posted do you find contradictory?
No, the definition you supplied says a bid whacker sells at or below the bid.

Am I really having this conversation??? Good lord.