FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Technically Speaking > Technical Analysis > The ACD Method

Old Feb 27th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4753
kinggyppo

Quote:
Quote from amsterdam:

This forum has been awfully quiet as of late....

maybe its due to all this volatility in the afternoon....it's got all the traders busy
Here is what is on my mind, 80% of the population makes less than 50 k per year, take 30% off for taxes divide by 12 and you get an idea how high gas prices act as a tax on disposable income. Want a pair trade? its right there.

http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/netcomp.cgi?year=2010
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #4754
DrNo

Big reverses in the currencies today. USDJPY dropped nearly 150 pips since Tokyo opened and has bounced on my monthly A up, taking back Fridays US gains; USDCHF has come back about 60 pips to my monthly A down; and since Europe opened EURAUD has traded nearly 200pips lower back to my monthly A up level, where its currently on a little bounce.

It being end of month, it could be Yen exporter offers finally making an impression and a bit of cross rotation but Fridays US rally did look a bit like a blow-off. Be interesting to see how we start March to see if this Yen run-up and blow-off pattern continues...

I don't normally trade GBP as I find the pairs whippy but the late day re-emergence of weakness against EUR continues to be interesting. EURGBP built up quite a strong number line for the US session this month which I'm not sure I've seen very often... Could be US bond managers re-allocating exposure back into Eurozone perhaps...
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #4755
Snaggleteefs

Quote:
Quote from Maverick74:

I can keep posting all day but it seems like I'm the only one. At some point people are going to get sick of me posting every thought in my head. I'm trying to post less and only highlight some of the more important stuff I see. People were complaining for awhile that the thread was moving too fast. LOL.

We use to have 10 to 20 guys on here. Not sure where they all went. I'm kind of use to it though. Most people don't make money trading. They stop by because it's a new flavor and they think it has all the answers they have been looking for. Once they realize it doesn't, they move on.
as an ACD method newbie, i'm pretty quiet on here for now but i find this thread to be incredibly informative and helpful. please keep the posts coming as you see fit. and thanks.
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #4756
eurusdzn

I am new to ET and also ACD. Sorry, not an elite trader.
This method rings true to me. I really appreciate the content
of this thread. Spreads, tells, correlations, insights are great.
Hundreds may be reading and benefitting yet, have nothing to contibute at this time. Thanks.
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #4757
Maverick74

This is a little off topic. But back in the late 90's there were some very cool commercials on CNBC. One in particular that stands out was done by First Union Bank. They were created by George Lucas. He did 3 or 4 of these. I just thought I would post them. Enjoy!

Old Feb 27th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #4758
seneca_roman

Quote:
Quote from Maverick74:

I can keep posting all day but it seems like I'm the only one. At some point people are going to get sick of me posting every thought in my head. I'm trying to post less and only highlight some of the more important stuff I see. People were complaining for awhile that the thread was moving too fast. LOL.

We use to have 10 to 20 guys on here. Not sure where they all went. I'm kind of use to it though. Most people don't make money trading. They stop by because it's a new flavor and they think it has all the answers they have been looking for. Once they realize it doesn't, they move on.
I'm lurking and learning. Thanks

Seneca