FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Community Lounge > Hook Up > Chicago trader seeking advice

Old Sep 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #19
MarkBrown

I was Finance major from Loyola University Chicago

oops

uh - watch it there i think your doomed if you think you somehow deserve to make money trading cause of education and location.

my advice - take it real slow - like go to work for someone in the cme building for at least three years. do what you have to do but if you dont take my advice you will end up working for someone else anyway. you have time - take it! mean while hoard your cash. mb
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #20
minmike

trade as small as possible. the goal, until you make money, is to survive, not worry about paying bills.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #21
porkchop_001

I appreciate that anything worth doing and doing right takes time to master.

My goal in this forum is to get some helpful pointers and more importantly to see if this mental roller coaster of a journey that we all have gone through in the beginning (which is now for me) is remotely the same in any way.

I do not think that "I deserve to make money trading" because of my location or education. I was merely trying to give people somewhat of a complete bio. My point in mentioning my major is to show that I have always been very interested in this and finally get the chance to pursue it. I personally wish I took on a second major in economics.

For those of you that have productively shared in this forum, thank you. I do appreciate the advice.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #22
TheSorcerer

Quote:
Quote from porkchop_001:

I do not think that "I deserve to make money trading" because of my location or education. I was merely trying to give people somewhat of a complete bio. My point in mentioning my major is to show that I have always been very interested in this and finally get the chance to pursue it. I personally wish I took on a second major in economics.
Wow, my educated friend. Can you tell me in one sentence, one money making idea you learned in your finance program: thanks... please !!!!
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #23
porkchop_001

Quote:
Quote from TheSorcerer:

Wow, my educated friend. Can you tell me in one sentence, one money making idea you learned in your finance program: thanks... please !!!!

Easy, I didn't get any money making ideas from my finance program.

College gave me the tools and wet my appetite for pursuit. College gave me a foundation and a way of thinking. hopefully a good one.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #24
MarkBrown

Quote:
Quote from porkchop_001:College gave me the tools and wet my appetite for pursuit. College gave me a foundation and a way of thinking. hopefully a good one.
i belive that college is a handicap to 99.9 % of the people i know who trades very well. "other words they had to overcome" that structured idea that you can accomplish your goal through a process if you follow it and pass the test you get the grade. dont work in trading. thats why i love trading so much it flys in the face of structured learning.

mb