Registered: Jul 2012
07-26-12 02:55 PM
Had similar issue with the DDE excel to follow is the email from IB
Edit [months ago not today, as I notice a TWS issue in another thread - not related]
Thank you for contacting Interactive Brokers.
As per conversation, the Excel DDE issue that you are describing occurs on computers running on a 64 bit Windows OS.
Please refer to the instructions below regarding the error message of Excel DDE on TWS:
1) Uninstall TWS, Java and the API Components then restart computer. (Please go to your Control Panel > Programs and Features to remove: Trader Workstation 4.0, TWS Interoperability Components and all Java components)
2) Download and install Java 32 bit from the link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ds-1594646.html (Please Accept the license agreement and download the file "Windows x86 Offline")
3. Download and install TWS through the link: http://download.interactivebrokers....s40_install.exe
4) Confirm where the javaw.exe file is installed. (It should be something like C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaw.exe)
5) Right-click the TWS desktop shortcut, select Properties and go to the Shortcut tab and refer to Target, and point the path or javaw.exe to where it is installed:
-It should read: C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed......
-Change it to: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed......
6) Install the API Components through the link: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/d...stallAX_966.exe
7) Log back into TWS and you should not get the error "Ddedll.dll file is missing our out of date..."
Should you require further assistance please feel free to contact us.
IB Technical Assistance Center