Registered: May 2010
09-13-12 04:33 PM
Quote from hayman:
I am so sick and tired of the government quoting Core CPI rates being so low, and excluding anything and everything that is contributing to this rise. I live in NY, USA, and estimate that I've seen inflation increase overall by 7-8 %, year-over-year. Here are some examples of what I've experienced first-hand, with diligent record keeping:
- Gasoline Increase of 16%
- Home Heating Oil Increase of 15%
- Food price increase of 12%
- Health Care Insurance increase of 17%
- College Tuition Increase (Public University) of 5%
- Electric Increase of 12%
- Local School Tax Increase of 2.8%
- Cable TV - increase of 6%
- My youngest daughter's dance tuition (discretionary) - 6%
Yes, a lot of this is directly related to the price of oil, but to exclude that from computation, and state that we are still living in low inflationary times is just plain 'ol distortion of the truth.
Is it me, or is it the government, media, and Wall Street just pulling the wool over eyes to deliberately keep interest rates low in this precarious economy of ours?
I recommend you do the following:
1. invest in gold and silver for at least 25% of your portfolio, if not 50%
2. Vote third party and encourage all your dumb, partisan friends to do similarly
3. Own at least two handguns (.45 preferably), one rifle and one shotgun.
These three things are consistent with independence of thought and mind. Central banks will continue to debase currencies, eroding middle classes.
Every thinking person needs to protect their families.