FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > Tradingjournals Quest... Turn $100 To $100K or To Ash

Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #151
tradingjournals

E/U at 1.4166. Scaling in on long side. Would add half size 30 pips lower (if it ever goes there in next couple hours).
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #152
tradingjournals

Quote:
Quote from shortie:

must be some european news. i see that spain etf EWP is taking on the chin.
I did not check the news. Thanks for the info. The models do not take into consideration major/unexpected news (as discussed in a previous post).
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #153
Nine_Ender

Quote:
Quote from tradingjournals:

E/U at 1.4166. Scaling in on long side. Would add half size 30 pips lower (if it ever goes there in next couple hours).
That entry seems highly unlikely. But more puzzling is the fact your journal indicates you remain long a full size ( whatever that means ) at an average price of 1.4279. Amazingly, you took a "break" while losing 100+ pips, now you are ADDING to that losing position without any mention of managing that trade.

Sorry, mate, but the entire exercise has holes the size of Mack Trucks now. There is NOTHING believable about your journal.
I find it simply amazing that you would honestly waste all this time and believe that real traders would ever believe this bs.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #154
Nine_Ender

Quote:
Quote from shortie:

Shortie, in all seriousness, you still believe this guy ?

He's recommended or gone long at 1.4452, 1.4422, 1.4284,
1.4274, 1.4166, and maybe 1.4136. He missed another long signal early today. There was no sale of his position taken at 1.4284 and 1.4274. If you were taking his recommendations, he left you hanging out to dry.

Time to create a Fiction section for Journals.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #155
tradingjournals

Quote:
Quote from shortie:

Did you check your SPY/GLD pair? Is this just a retest of the Bernanke Line? Was it crossed?
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #156
shortie

Quote:
Quote from Nine_Ender:

Shortie, in all seriousness, you still believe this guy ?

He's recommended or gone long at 1.4452, 1.4422, 1.4284,
1.4274, 1.4166, and maybe 1.4136. He missed another long signal early today. There was no sale of his position taken at 1.4284 and 1.4274. If you were taking his recommendations, he left you hanging out to dry.

Time to create a Fiction section for Journals.
i don't follow the trades that closely. could he have had a stop? we have to be patient and wait for the total tally for his last trades.

yes, i still believe him.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #157
tradingjournals

Quote:
Quote from shortie:

i don't follow the trades that closely. could he have had a stop? we have to be patient and wait for the total tally for his last trades.

there were losers. I think I mentioned in a previous post that one of them was -36.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #158
tradingjournals

Quote:

It is now at 1.4177. I got something to do, so I will not be following it. I will let it alone for now.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #159
Nine_Ender

Quote:
Quote from shortie:

No, we don't have to be patient. He had time to post a NEW long, but no time to post a closing trade on his OLD position ( 100+ pips down ). This gives him a lot of leeway to fabricate some nice exit points, or claim he never did go long as his post clearly claimed he did.

The other aspect is the favourable entry points he claims , and the new idea that he's scaling in etc which allows him to fudge on the details as well.

Note the one star thread rating, the lack of professional trader input, and its clear serious traders think this guy is a total fake.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #160
tradingjournals

Rioting in Europe: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...hreadid=222205

Unlike trolls on threads which may be ignored, I believe I should not ignore the possible effects of the above news on EUR/USD.

So my current view is that I stay on the sideline, that I should consider shorting rallies if and when is appropriate, and use the long side models as a warning to stay away from the short side. until a solid long signal comes (if and when it does, then I might consider the long side).

I am also thinking that I should be aware of a V-shape rally.

EUR/USD is now at 1.4180. For now, I am staying away from it.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #161
TradeViper

TJ, staying out means missing out, but it also means not losing if you cannot SEE a trade. Nice shorts could have been had between yesterday and today.

I don't think the folks that are commenting are trolls, I think they are skeptical of your positive %, you have to admit it is a wee bit, well how should I say it, to good to be true. Anyway I think you need to get rid of your Long EUR/USD bias, it will help you expand your trading.

The Ever Gittin Back In And Out VIPER
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #162
shortie

an account image with some executed trades could silence the skeptics but then, again, it might not because some skeptics are always skeptics.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #163
tradingjournals

For the experts who trade e/u: what is the likelyhood that this evening session would see the pair move beyond 1.4120 area?
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #164
Nine_Ender

Quote:
Quote from shortie:

an account image with some executed trades could silence the skeptics but then, again, it might not because some skeptics are always skeptics.
This is a Journal. No matter how elaborate the fabrication is, there is a responsibility to post your closing orders before you post new orders. Following today's action, this guy has been long all day and added to his losing position. But he posts like he's not in a position at all now.

Just this fact alone is enough to get this thread moved to Chit Chat where it belongs.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #165
TradeViper

Quote:

For the experts who trade e/u: what is the likelyhood that this evening session would see the pair move beyond 1.4120 area?

How about 70% that it moves to 4050-4102 area, especially if the Geeks keep rioting. Bring on the riots Baby, bring it on.

The Ever Loving Not Having To Find Shares To Borrow VIPER

But then again I am prolly wrong.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #166
tradingjournals

e/u at 7:25PM. Would this bear-charge break today's low?

Update: seven minutes later... they were repelled. Let us see if they will try again. Asia typically starts at 8PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #167
tradingjournals

Quote:
Quote from TradeViper:

How about 70% that it moves to 4050-4102 area, especially if the Geeks keep rioting. Bring on the riots Baby, bring it on.
Thanks for the answer. Any updates on the probs would be interesting to read? Are you using a model?
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #168
tradingjournals

Quote:

[1:23PM] E/U at 1.4166. Scaling in on long side. Would add half size 30 pips lower (if it ever goes there in next couple hours).
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...&pagenumber=26

Now that several hours have passed since the 1:23PM (time of above post) and now that I have the benefit of the hindsight, should I have followed what the models told me at the time, or should I have followed what came out from a farter who polluted my thread? The farter may now be doing something humans do such as shitting, snoring or even talking about this thread somewhere, but he surely would not be able to move the clock back in the chart so I could do what the models told me to do at the time.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #169
Nine_Ender

Quote:

I cannot wait for it to form a proper entry, so I am going to go long half size. If it revisits today's bottom I would plan to add, which would make it at -10pips on average from current price (1.4284).
Here is your trade, in YOUR OWN WORDS.

I never believe your entry points, but ignoring that, it is clear you have entered a half position somewhere near 1.4284 and added presumably to a full position at somewhere near 1.4274 ( easily filled ).

Since then, your only Journal entry was to ADD more long position at a lower price.

So by my calculation, you are down approximately 160 pips and showing no ability to manage that position. I'm not making this up, its in your JOURNAL. The 160 pips is on the first trade, not even considering the next long idea you posted.

Where the fuck do you come off complaining about ANYONE when your Journal clearly has broken down entirely ??? And how can this even be the case, UNLESS the entire exercise is fabricated. Because if these trades are real, it would be extremely easy to document the entries ( with size ) and exits on this many trades in one security.

Now you had better explain that -160 pips trade, or I'll get you booted out of Journals. Understand ? I don't like frauds, and the evidance is now overwhelming against you. And it is truly amazing that you can't see it.

Have a nice day. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to invent a few new winning trades today.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #170
Nine_Ender

Quote:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...&pagenumber=26

Now that several hours have passed since the 1:23PM (time of above post) and now that I have the benefit of the hindsight, should I have followed what the models told me at the time, or should I have followed what came out from a farter who polluted my thread? The farter may now be doing something humans do such as shitting, snoring or even talking about this thread somewhere, but he surely would not be able to move the clock back in the chart so I could do what the models told me to do at the time.
Buddy, your Journal meets no standard for being called a Journal.
The entry prices are highly suspectful, your trades are incomplete, and there is no reasoning given for any of your trades. In fact, I looked back at the first few "trades" you made, and the clues are there already. For example, you post that yoi are "thinking" about going long, then your next post you are saying +100 pips on that long.

You have some explaining to do on yesterdays trades. If you fail to do so, I will take this to the Administrators because at this point you are clearly appear to be a fraud.

Of course, you need merely post the account statement or similar which we can cross reference to your posts. I will then apologize for my mistake. But I do think pigs will be flying outside before evidance of this $100 account will ever be found.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #171
forsalenyc

Perhaps posting images of your daily P&L will clear some misunderstandings.......
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #172
shortie

Wow, I have never seen Nine_Ender so upset.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #173
Nine_Ender

Quote:
Quote from shortie:

Wow, I have never seen Nine_Ender so upset.
No sign of Pigs flying outside, or Tradingjournals $100 account summary, or a closing trade on his 2 or 3 posted long positions.

This is not the way you get advice from professional traders,
making a bunch of stuff up to portray yourself as a seasoned f/x trader with a "strategy". Note there is not one word in this Journal I believe that explains or signifies what the strategy is. Perhaps I missed it, and you can explain the strategy Shortie.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #174
Lucrum

Quote:
Quote from Nine_Ender:

I never believe your entry points, but ignoring that, it is clear you have entered a half position somewhere near 1.4284 and added presumably to a full position at somewhere near 1.4274 ( easily filled ).
Since then, your only Journal entry was to ADD more long position at a lower price.
So by my calculation, you are down approximately 160 pips and showing no ability to manage that position. I'm not making this up, its in your JOURNAL. The 160 pips is on the first trade, not even considering the next long idea you posted.
Where the fuck do you come off complaining about ANYONE when your Journal clearly has broken down entirely ??? And how can this even be the case, UNLESS the entire exercise is fabricated. Because if these trades are real, it would be extremely easy to document the entries ( with size ) and exits on this many trades in one security.Now you had better explain that -160 pips trade, or I'll get you booted out of Journals. Understand ? I don't like frauds, and the evidance is now overwhelming against you. And it is truly amazing that you can't see it.
Quote:
Quote from Nine_Ender:
Buddy, your Journal meets no standard for being called a Journal.
The entry prices are highly suspectful, your trades are incomplete, and there is no reasoning given for any of your trades. In fact, I looked back at the first few "trades" you made, and the clues are there already. For example, you post that yoi are "thinking" about going long, then your next post you are saying +100 pips on that long.
You have some explaining to do on yesterdays trades. If you fail to do so, I will take this to the Administrators because at this point you are clearly appear to be a fraud.
Of course, you need merely post the account statement or similar which we can cross reference to your posts. I will then apologize for my mistake. But I do think pigs will be flying outside before evidance of this $100 account will ever be found.
Wow, reality is a bitch isn't tradingURINALS?

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #175
ksmetana

So what is the account at???
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #176
Lucrum

Quote:
Quote from ksmetana:

So what is the account at???
Since he has stopped posting I can only assume he reached his goal of $100,000.
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #177
ddaytrader

Quote:
Quote from Lucrum:

Since he has stopped posting I can only assume he reached his goal of $100,000.
Well, to be fair, he also stated that turning his account to Ash was also a goal.

"Poof, up in smoke," is my guess.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 02:22 AM   #178
Nine_Ender

Quote:
Quote from ddaytrader:

Well, to be fair, he also stated that turning his account to Ash was also a goal.

The whole thread seems to be an elaborate fabrication. The win rate seemed more unlikely then winning some lotteries. The entry and exit points reported when I started checking didn't appear realistic at all. Something just doesn't add up.

As I said before, I was always open to be proven wrong, mainly because I don't trade forex I couldn't confirm it 100%.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #179
Lucrum

Quote:
Quote from ddaytrader:

Most likely, I was being facetious.

Quote:
Quote from Nine_Ender:

The whole thread seems to be an elaborate fabrication. The win rate seemed more unlikely then winning some lotteries. The entry and exit points reported when I started checking didn't appear realistic at all. Something just doesn't add up.
Yeah I noticed this too. It still amazes me that some are not capable of recognizing BS when they see it.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #180
forsalenyc

to ASH I suppose.......