FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Direct-Access Brokers > Retail Firms > IBs mobile trading solutions?

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #1
gmst

Have to buy a new phone - the most important consideration is that it should allow seamless trading through IB.

Don't want to buy blackberry/iphone. It seems that mobileTWS for iphone work the best. Does anyone know if "mobileTWS for Android" also works fine and is comparable in performance to "mobileTWS for iphone"? How does "MobileTrader" compare to "mobileTWS for Android and iphone"? Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2
2rosy

Quote:
Quote from gmst:

Have to buy a new phone - the most important consideration is that it should allow seamless trading through IB.

Don't want to buy blackberry/iphone. It seems that mobileTWS for iphone work the best. Does anyone know if "mobileTWS for Android" also works fine and is comparable in performance to "mobileTWS for iphone"? How does "MobileTrader" compare to "mobileTWS for Android and iphone"? Thanks everyone.
i use tws for android. it works. i never(will never) tried real money account too paranoid.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #3
gmst

Quote:
Quote from 2rosy:

i use tws for android. it works. i never(will never) tried real money account too paranoid.
Thanks for confirming it works, I think a mobile solution is an extremely important component of business continuity planning - a safety link - especially if one is out on the road or there is a sudden disconnect to dsl/cable, a reliable alternative is needed to manage trades in emergency situations.

I would suggest you better use the mobileTWS app a few times just to ensure familiarity with the app in case you need to use it someday urgently. Cheers.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #4
justrading

Quote:
Quote from gmst:

Thanks for confirming it works, I think a mobile solution is an extremely important component of business continuity planning - a safety link - especially if one is out on the road or there is a sudden disconnect to dsl/cable, a reliable alternative is needed to manage trades in emergency situations.

I would suggest you better use the mobileTWS app a few times just to ensure familiarity with the app in case you need to use it someday urgently. Cheers.
+1

No need to stress out over open positions when you have to move, like a doctor's appointment.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #5
luisHK

+ 1 and thanks for the info, my next mobile might not be a iphone than.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #6
gmst

Quote:
Quote from luisHK:

+ 1 and thanks for the info, my next mobile might not be a iphone than.
Sorry for the misunderstanding but I didn't want to imply that TWSmobile for iphone is not good. From what I have heard, it is the best mobile app available from IB.

I just don't want to buy an iphone because of multiple reasons - some ethical and some related to that it locks you into a telecom carrier. So, I wanted to ask if android TWS app is as good and stable as TWS app for iphone.