FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Community Lounge > Politics & Religion > Be honest American Catholics

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #37
Free Thinker

Quote:
Quote from jem:

do I need to explain to you again...
that the pill and other some other forms of birth control do sometimes result in the killing of human beings.

As much as a rabid leftist that you are... you must understand murder is wrong. You must understand that homicide can be wrong. You must therefore understand that Obama and the govt forcing someone else to provide drugs which cause the killing of human beings... is patently unamerican and probably unconstitutional and therefore very wrong.
a thinking person who was really concerned about abortion might come to the conclusion that instantly eliminating 500k abortions a year would be a good thing.
people like you are the cause of half the abortions in america according to the data we have. does it bother you when it would be so easy to stop it?

“If I am right, then [religious fundamentalists] will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.”--Isaac Asimov.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #38
trendlover

Quote:
Quote from jem:

You must therefore understand that Obama and the govt forcing someone else to provide drugs which cause the killing of human beings... is patently unamerican and probably unconstitutional and therefore very wrong. [/B]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jem, Obama is saying birth control is choice. No government "forcing" people to take birth control pills. What Obama want is for insurance to pay for people that is choosing "birth control" If you are catholic and you are not agree with birth control pill or any birth control, you are free to have no birth control. Why do some religions want to stop other people to have choice?
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #39
nutmeg

Quote:
Quote from trendlover:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jem, Obama is saying birth control is choice. No government "forcing" people to take birth control pills. What Obama want is for insurance to pay for people that is choosing "birth control" If you are catholic and you are not agree with birth control pill or any birth control, you are free to have no birth control. Why do some religions want to stop other people to have choice?
Well you cleared this issue up for me. Similiar to most gov't policies. We are not asking you to fly a plane and drop a bomb on the enemy, we just want you to pay for the bomb. So yes, you have a choice, you can fly a plane and drop a bomb on the enemy or someone else can fly a plane and drop a bomb as long as you pay.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #40
trendlover

Quote:
Quote from nutmeg:

Well you cleared this issue up for me. Similiar to most gov't policies. We are not asking you to fly a plane and drop a bomb on the enemy, we just want you to pay for the bomb. So yes, you have a choice, you can fly a plane and drop a bomb on the enemy or someone else can fly a plane and drop a bomb as long as you pay.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? There is no bomb and is no enemy. I am talking about people. Most people want to have sex. And you know in the USA catholics are not all virgins before they are married. You know that nutmeg. Are you virgin before you marry? Is your son and daughters? So what is wrong to have insurance company pay for birth control if the person (choose) to have birth control?
Nutmeg, smoking cigarette is cost insurance so much money for all the health problems. So you can say the people that do not smoke paying for people who smoke. Is this ok?
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #41
nutmeg

Oh all right,, I confess.

At a time in our history where our gov't is making dozens of concessions to accomidate the Muslim religion, it annoys me that our gov't cannot back down on this issue and accomidate the Catholics on this point and requirements of paying for bc.

If this were am Islam issue, there wouldn't be a discussion. It wouldn't be required.

I personally feel this is just one more attack on our christian value, morals, foundations, principle, you name it, because christian bashiing is in vogue and this article is just a spin using abortion as an excuse/reason.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #42
stu

Quote:
Quote from nutmeg:

Oh all right,, I confess.

At a time in our history where our gov't is making dozens of concessions to accomidate the Muslim religion, it annoys me that our gov't cannot back down on this issue and accomidate the Catholics on this point and requirements of paying for bc.

If this were am Islam issue, there wouldn't be a discussion. It wouldn't be required.

I personally feel this is just one more attack on our christian value, morals, foundations, principle, you name it, because christian bashiing is in vogue and this article is just a spin using abortion as an excuse/reason.
Warning:
Crying wolf to play the religious persecution card damages your credibility.
LA Times

Holding up anti-contraception as a value, moral foundation or principle is unrealistic to put it mildly. It's ostrich mentality. In practice does far more harm than good. The world doesn't work like that.

Trying to control everyone, repressing sexual activity with religious belief, doesn't work either. It's beyond naive.
People are aware and rightly so, that having your life managed by rules concocted during the dark ages which are then habitually preached regardless of realities, is no way to live. As a principle it sucks.