FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Announcements > Interactive Brokers Recent Developments and Trading Platform Enhancements

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #7
oldtime

Quote:
Quote from cdcaveman:

haha.
10 years ago it used to be a first class operation, now when I see the ads on tv I'm a little embarrassed to admit that is who I still trade with
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Bob111

Quote:
Quote from oldtime:

10 years ago it used to be a first class operation, now when I see the ads on tv I'm a little embarrassed to admit that is who I still trade with
+1

sick and tired of those "enhancements"..
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 09:54 AM   #9
taclander

I appreciate upgrades to the IB system. I have been a critic in the past, but also try to balance with positives when I see them. They advertise, on tv. So what? I am not a fan of the concepts behind one of the ads, but they are a business, and part of what they do is expand their customer base. If they have caused you an issue post it and explain. But mindless attacks because they are expanding what they offer, I just don't get it.
Again, take this post as you will. I have been a critic of IB often in the past, and will be when I have a problem and that phone doesn't get answered, but since I reopened an account with IB I have experienced pretty good customer service. I would still like a quicker response, and I would hesitate to run my riskier trade plans, as if something goes wrong I need the phone answered now, but for everyday trading, things have been good.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM   #10
Bob111

it would be ok to have some "upgrades" but after old issues are fixed. so far-every day,everywhere i poke in TWS all i see is a bugs. lame,odd and ridiculous bugs. lots of them.like no one ever checked,what they actually produce...but hey..i'm not allowed to speak up about it anymore.. cause IB doesn't like the way i express myself about this topic..
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM   #11
taclander

Quote:
Quote from Bob111:

it would be ok to have some "upgrades" but after old issues are fixed. so far-every day,everywhere i poke in TWS all i see is a bugs. lame,odd and ridiculous bugs. lots of them.like no one ever checked,what they actually produce...but hey..i'm not allowed to speak up about it anymore.. cause IB doesn't like the way i express myself about this topic..
Yes, you are allowed to speak up! My point, which I am not good at getting to, is I trade a plan with IB that is not immediate problem resolution required. I have 3 equity brokers and 2 futures. IB is one of each.