FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Community Lounge > Politics & Religion > Obama touts this as success

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #79
mrbill

Quote:
Quote from AAAintheBeltway:

On closer examination, I see where the discrepancy came in. Sandy quoted only sales of pure electrics plus "plug in" hybrids. Apparently the Prius is not a plug in hybrid. Since I specifically referred to Prius sales, his comparison was intentionally misleading. What a surprise, a car salesman shaded the truth.

I'm through with this moron. He could have helped himself and his obvious passion for pushing Volts if he had come in here and acted like a normal person. Instead, he immediately began insulting people, saw a political issue where none existed, made obviously ridiculous claims about Volt sales and now is reduced to quoting bogus slaes figures.

Sandy , wlecome to ignore. You'll find quite a few of your leftwing pals there.
You make a mistake that you admit to, and then hide from the conversation with the guy who knows what he's talking about? OK, AAA, I guess you've reached your new low. Time to, as they say in Florida, turn in your Drivers License. If you can't discuss facts, then America prefers you don't drive either.

What happened to the Late, Great AAA? From years ago, fighting the Iraq war with common sense?
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #80
pspr

Quote:
Quote from CaptainObvious:

While we disagree on the Volt, I know your pain over losing your dog. My condoleneces. I hope we get to meet our pets once again on the other side. Difficult as it may seem, I hope you can find it in your heart to save another doggie. Support your local shelter.
I'm convinced that their spirits are there waiting for us.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #81
AAAintheBeltway

Quote:
Quote from mrbill:

You make a mistake that you admit to, and then hide from the conversation with the guy who knows what he's talking about? OK, AAA, I guess you've reached your new low. Time to, as they say in Florida, turn in your Drivers License. If you can't discuss facts, then America prefers you don't drive either.

What happened to the Late, Great AAA? From years ago, fighting the Iraq war with common sense?
What in the world are you blathering about, mrsoon tobe on ignore?

It's not my job to fact check some car salesman's claims. His sales figures looked ridiculous to me, so I dug up the actual numbers. Then I saw that he was using only a tiny subsection of sales for his bogus claim. That's not a mistake. I outed his misleading claim. Why should I waste time on a liar?

You really are a piece of work.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #82
mrbill

Quote:

What in the world are you blathering about, mrsoon tobe on ignore?

It's not my job to fact check some car salesman's claims. His sales figures looked ridiculous to me, so I dug up the actual numbers. Then I saw that he was using only a tiny subsection of sales for his bogus claim. That's not a mistake. I outed his misleading claim. Why should I waste time on a liar?

You really are a piece of work.
You said you saw the error when you used a different set of criteria. The difference between plug in and hybrid. That's all. Then, I admit, I was having some fun, as I like to do with those who are fearful of the written word on some forum, thus need to use Ignore. And, before anyone starts spouting that the left uses Ignore too, I know they do, and still think is childish.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #83
pspr

Quote:

On closer examination, I see where the discrepancy came in. Sandy quoted only sales of pure electrics plus "plug in" hybrids. Apparently the Prius is not a plug in hybrid. Since I specifically referred to Prius sales, his comparison was intentionally misleading. What a surprise, a car salesman shaded the truth.

I'm through with this moron. He could have helped himself and his obvious passion for pushing Volts if he had come in here and acted like a normal person. Instead, he immediately began insulting people, saw a political issue where none existed, made obviously ridiculous claims about Volt sales and now is reduced to quoting bogus slaes figures.

AAA, congratulations on digging up the facts that liberals (and car salesmen) find abhorrent. Another liar has been outed.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #84
Sandybestdog

Quote:
Quote from AAAintheBeltway:On closer examination, I see where the discrepancy came in. Sandy quoted only sales of pure electrics plus "plug in" hybrids. Apparently the Prius is not a plug in hybrid. Since I specifically referred to Prius sales, his comparison was intentionally misleading. What a surprise, a car salesman shaded the truth.

OK, I'll admit I misread your statement. You said "There are plenty of buyers looking to buy electric cars, plug ins and hybrids. For some reason they are not buying Volts." I thought you had just said electric vehicles. If you want to compare the Volt to the Prius, which has been out for over 10 years, then go ahead. I'm not sure what the point of that is. The Volt has gone way ahead of a traditional hybrid. The fact remains that it has still sold more than all other plug in and all electric vehicles combined, including the Prius plug in. The facts are also that the Prius only sold 17k and 15k in its first and second years in operation. The Volt with about 23k total sales, seems right on track with the Prius.

And by the way, I am a registered Republican, at least for now. I would never vote for Obama.