FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Psychology > Money in the bank.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 08:23 PM   #1
peilthetraveler

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I noticed something. I always feel happier with more money in the bank. Not sure why. Like say I have $50k. If its in my checking account, something about that just makes me feel happy and content. I dont feel that way though if its in Stocks, or bonds, or gold, home equity, or even in cash. Why is that?

Its odd because the only thing I use my back account for is to pay bills. I pay everything with credit and just make transfers at the end of the month, but for some reason, having a higher bank balance seems to be more satisfying than having a higher brokerage account, or just having the cash laying around the house.

Anyone know the psychology behind something like that?
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 10:38 PM   #2
mr double

Quote:
Quote from peilthetraveler:

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I noticed something. I always feel happier with more money in the bank. Not sure why. Like say I have $50k. If its in my checking account, something about that just makes me feel happy and content. I dont feel that way though if its in Stocks, or bonds, or gold, home equity, or even in cash. Why is that?

Its odd because the only thing I use my back account for is to pay bills. I pay everything with credit and just make transfers at the end of the month, but for some reason, having a higher bank balance seems to be more satisfying than having a higher brokerage account, or just having the cash laying around the house.

Anyone know the psychology behind something like that?
who knows ,i think you nuts,i dont feel that way at all,actually just the opposite,screw the banks with their fake money created from nowhere,my balance 99% of the time is less than 5$
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 12:40 AM   #3
FCXoptions

I know the feeling. I think it is just the feeling of knowing you have a good bit of money easily accessible. You don't have near as many worries because everything is covered right there in that account.

BUT I do have to say having your brokerage account built up also is an awesome feeling
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #4
tradewiz50

Cash
Rules
Everything
Around
Me

CREAM get the money, dolla, dolla bill ya....
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #5
SatMir

I always felt greater,when i took an interview in the past,with a couple of grands in the pocket,then with a hundred.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Handle123

I suppose we all have our little areas of being able to feel proud of our accomplishments, mine are rather weird in nature of feeling good, LOL I have OCD and it flares up time and again, I will cut out almost any coupon I can use where I get some products almost free, I will spend more in gas sometimes but I got that case of refried beans at 75 cents off a can, so what I had to drive 75 miles roundtrip to get them....LOL, then I end up donating the case to someone anyway, ROFL.