FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Direct-Access Brokers > Retail Firms > why IB is not showing the true size?

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:24 PM   #73
codeine

I know this is an outdated thread.. but I couldn't seem to find a satisfying answer elsewhere.

Any resolution to this issue? Specifically, whether IB is showing correct aggregate level 1 bid/ask quote sizes on SMART?

The quote from their website:

http://individuals.interactivebroker...p?f=marketData

specifically states (well, at least it does now) "NBBO is the top of book, representing the best bid and best offer from all contributing exchanges and ECNs. Full market depth includes orders that are outside of the NBBO and can allow traders insight into the strength of the total order book."

I see that this is really only referring to prices (not bid/ask sizes).

So, does one have to subscribe to ArcaBook for Equities, Nasdaq Totalview, and NYSE OpenBook RealTime to get complete aggregate bid/ask volumes, even for Level 1?

Hopefully this questioned has been answered elsewhere - if it already has been, I apologize.

Thanks,
-codeine
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:55 PM   #74
Bob111

---So, does one have to subscribe to ArcaBook for Equities, Nasdaq Totalview, and NYSE OpenBook RealTime to get complete aggregate bid/ask volumes, even for Level 1?---

dunno about NY OpenBook and Totalview(i would ask IB),but ARCA-yes. without it -you not going to get anything from ARCA. to add more pain-they now it require separate subscription per user(all this shit use to be free for all, 10 years ago,now-it will cost you a small fortune every month,specially if you qualify as a pro(corp,LLC,etc))
per user mean-if you have an account with IB and there is more than one username\trader on same account-each of them are required to have separate subscription. and each have to pay separately.