FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home
 
    Forums > Currency Trading > Forex Trading > Anybody Want to Talk About Forex?


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #31
hilojack
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 451
Quote:
Quote from oldtime:

yeah, I just got short this afternoon at 124.79 whoops I mean long
Maybe we should have just made a side bet and saved the spreads.
    Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #32
oldtime
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,479
Quote:
Quote from hilojack:

Maybe we should have just made a side bet and saved the spreads.
no kidding, those gbp spreads were a lot wider than what I am use to this afternoon, that's why usually I like to put it on friday. but I didn't have an idea on friday.
    Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #33
oldtime
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,479
put on my old usd trade, it seemed to have pulled back enough, went to wakmart to get the shakes, they were out of what you said but I got something close enough, apparently hanging out with you young traders is inspiring me, as I was leaving three girls from the IU basketball team walked in, I don't know if they are heterosexual, but if you ever see them you will hope they are, this is not your father's WBL.

About a year ago I started a thresd "increasing size during drawdown" and about 95% who replied told me I was a loser. Back then I was naive and didn't believe 95% lose. So just to make sure I simultaneously posted the inverse question, "should I reduce size after extreme profitability" and oddly enough, only about 50% said that was a bad idea ,even though it is based on the same fallacy.

at anyrate, this forex strategy has been very good, had to sweep last week to pay the taxman, and before I put this last one on I went back to my old small original size. If I can build it back up to where it was then I my strategy is good or my luck has lasted longer than anticipated.
    Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #34
contra
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 731
Quote:
Quote from oldtime:

put on my old usd trade, it seemed to have pulled back enough, went to wakmart to get the shakes, they were out of what you said but I got something close enough, apparently hanging out with you young traders is inspiring me, as I was leaving three girls from the IU basketball team walked in, I don't know if they are heterosexual, but if you ever see them you will hope they are, this is not your father's WBL.

About a year ago I started a thresd "increasing size during drawdown" and about 95% who replied told me I was a loser. Back then I was naive and didn't believe 95% lose. So just to make sure I simultaneously posted the inverse question, "should I reduce size after extreme profitability" and oddly enough, only about 50% said that was a bad idea ,even though it is based on the same fallacy.

at anyrate, this forex strategy has been very good, had to sweep last week to pay the taxman, and before I put this last one on I went back to my old small original size. If I can build it back up to where it was then I my strategy is good or my luck has lasted longer than anticipated.
lol good stuff oldtime. I never seen the old thread you started but I would only take a very few select peoples advice on this or any forum.

Have you seen the movie Floored? It was about floor traders then and now and how trading has changed from the pits to electronic and how they dealt with it. Anyway, there was the drunk guy who is interviewed at his house, and it looks like he did real good in the game at one point before he was thrown out of the Merc. I remember a few things he said..

"Just don't lose money..."
"99% of people still don't get it... when you win, you start betting less.. bet more! let it ride."
    Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #35
oldtime
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,479
Quote:
Quote from contra:

lol good stuff oldtime. I never seen the old thread you started but I would only take a very few select peoples advice on this or any forum.

Have you seen the movie Floored? It was about floor traders then and now and how trading has changed from the pits to electronic and how they dealt with it. Anyway, there was the drunk guy who is interviewed at his house, and it looks like he did real good in the game at one point before he was thrown out of the Merc. I remember a few things he said..

"Just don't lose money..."
"99% of people still don't get it... when you win, you start betting less.. bet more! let it ride."
thanks contra, if these shakes work out I'll get the movie.
    Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #36
contra
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 731
Quote:
Quote from oldtime:

thanks contra, if these shakes work out I'll get the movie.
check it out here in 8 parts. Not sure if its the whole thing, but it's all I saw.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/for...e-8-parts.html

episode 4 is the guy I am talking about, a bit after 7 minutes into it, I just checked.

LOL now that i'm watching this again.. it's hilarious. He was so drunk they had to use subtitles, like with Ozzy.
    Quote
 
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump



   Conduct Rules   Privacy Policy   Sitemap Copyright © 2014, Elite Trader. All rights reserved.   

WHILE YOU'RE HERE, TAKE A MINUTE TO VISIT SOME OF OUR SPONSORS:
Advantage Futures
Futures Trading & Clearing
AMP Global Clearing
Futures and FX Trading
Collective2
Automated Trading Services
CTS
Futures Trading Software
dom993trading.com
NinjaTrader Consulting
eSignal
Trading Software Provider
FXCM
Forex Trading Services
Global Futures
Futures, Options & FX Trading
Interactive Brokers
Pro Gateway to World Markets
JC Trading Group
Direct Access Trading
MB Trading
Direct Access Trading
NinjaTrader
Trading Software Provider
optionshouse
Option Trading & Education
Rithmic
Futures Trade Execution Platform
SpeedTrader
Direct Access Trading
SpreadProfessor
Spread Trading Instruction
thenut-trader.com
FX, Gold, & Stock Signals
TradersStudio
System Building & Backtesting
Tradier
Equity and Options Trading
Trading Technologies
Trading Software Provider