FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Stocks > CMG - potential short - anyone watching

Old Apr 16th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Chuck E. Cheese

I've been there to eat a few time just a few months ago. This place is usually packed at lunch time. They have good Mexican food if you tell me. But the PE...eventually...has to come down to 30 for it to be more reasonable. Either earnings have to go up or/and stock price has to come down. If they're not paying div than they are still expanding atm and eventually they will get too aggressive and failed in new mediocre markets but that could take months if not years. I guess it's better to wait until earning reports....
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #8
cactiman

I'm told watching stocks go up, while waiting for PEs to go down, can lead to ulcers!

Another fundamental to keep in mind is Debt.
CMG's Dept is currently: 0.00%!!
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #9
TheGoonior

I avoid those slow-grinding uptrends as I think they are much more difficult to short than the parabolic moves. I'd much rather have something that went up like a rocket and then have a bunch of longs that are itchy on their "windfall profit protect" trigger finger.

Man, what an uptrend since 09, though...
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #10
Chuck E. Cheese

I noticed that the daily chart show a triple or quadruple top around $340 in 2nd half of 2011. It's been churning up beyond that point since. Very strong uptrend if you tell me. But maybe it's starting to go parabolic a little bit now? If you can't short it, why not hitch the slow ride up by buying on small pull back?
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #11
rockefehler

Quite a concensus here, so it wouldn't surprise me if it had a sizable correction.

If shorting an uptrend would really be as risky as advertized (and riskier than shorting at another point, deemed the "correct" entry point for a short), it would be a good strategy to go long in an uptrend, and that's not the case, as we know.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #12
J-Law

Lots of good things to say about this stock. & yes always a line when you go. Buy, like I said before. Just have to be patient. Could be weeks or months. But, this stock sooner or later will have a reverse in direction & momentum.

Nothing floats this high (even if it goes higher) forever.
Keep it on your watch list as there will be opportunity one day to play this on the downside in the options with exploding vols .

Wall street loves her now but one day they'll be calling her a worthless & a whore. game never changes.