FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Trading Software > Automated Trading

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #37
daytrade

I never got into auto trading, however would i be wrong to say that a much better approach to creating a program is to have traded a concept manually for some time, then automate it along with overseeing the trading so that your informed and understanding on what times changes must be made ? it seems like all you nerds ( and i say that kindly ) are just taking an idea and throwing it to auto,

this is not a statement, it is a question. thank you
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #38
Flanco

Cooltrade has specials available. You should email them and they will email them to you. They referred me to Robotic Trading Systems and they offer the software for 50% off.

I have only been using the software for a short time and it paid for itself in the first week so I wouldn't consider any price for the software to be too much.

When I initially emailed them they gave me a full walkthrough and starter trading strategies that blew away all of my preconceived notions about the kind of returns one could get in the stock market.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #39
lindq

The promotional materials that I have seen from CoolTrade (aka Robotic Trading Systems) give one the impression that it is possible to make hundreds of winning trades with few or no losing trades.

The fact is that there is no shortcut to making profits trading the markets. There are no software packages or systems that will generate profits without an EQUAL opportunity for losses.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, because it simply is not true. And I speak from the experience of trading professionally for over 10 years. It is a tough business that has left most people much poorer than richer.

If you are new to trading, and considering ANY software that promises shortcuts or an easy path to profits, then proceed with extreme caution. Begin on only a very small trial basis, and don't get yourself locked into anything expensive that you can't get out of.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #40
Flanco

As explained to you many times, the strategy handed out is a LIFO strategy that trades with out stop losses and adds to positions on a 15% drop. In fact RTS has posted that the NET profit if all the positions still open where liquidated that the total NET is over 30% in under 7 months. I saw the posts you made a couple weeks ago and I believe the rep even quoted exactly what he sent you which is not what you posted. RTS explains the software to everyone in detail and does complete demonstrations before they expect anyone to spend one dime. Automated trading is used by every major brokerage, do you think Goldman does manual trades? It is a software that helps level the playing field. There are thousands of strategies that the software carries out and it is the only software that is connected to TD Ameritrade, E*Trade, Interactive Brokers, MB Trading, OptionsHouse, Options Express, TradeKing and FXCM and has been with them for years! So your saying these brokers don't know what they are doing? They have tens of thousands of users in over 40 countries.Have you even seen the software work? Be honest!
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #41
lindq

Quote:
Quote from Flanco:

As explained to you many times, the strategy handed out is a LIFO strategy that trades with out stop losses and adds to positions on a 15% drop.
The strategy handed out in a public meeting showed ONLY gains and no losses over hundreds of trades (with the actual 'trades' themselves listed), and promoted an overall gain of 48%. That is the headline on the front page, with no mention of losing trades still running.

It was not UNTIL I RAISED THE ISSUE ON THIS WEBSITE that it was then revealed there were in fact a number of open losing positions that were not included in the promotional list....nor even mentioned at all!

Why did I need to raise the issue in order to have this important point brought to light? Does CoolTrade bring their potential customers into the office and say "Oh, you know that list of trades we gave you isn't....ah...correct? It is missing 18% of losses that are still active?"

This is so clearly misleading to potential buyers of the software that I feel it is my responsibility as an experienced trader and member of this board to bring it to light.

The FACT IS there are far more traders who lose money than who make money, no matter what broker or software platform they elect to use. And to use misleading promotional materials to say otherwise is against the spirit if not the letter of SEC and FTC regulations, and is simply dishonest.
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #42
Flanco

Quote:
Quote from lindq:

The strategy handed out in a public meeting showed ONLY gains and no losses over hundreds of trades (with the actual 'trades' themselves listed), and promoted an overall gain of 48%. That is the headline on the front page, with no mention of losing trades still running.

It was not UNTIL I RAISED THE ISSUE ON THIS WEBSITE that it was then revealed there were in fact a number of open losing positions that were not included in the promotional list....nor even mentioned at all!

Why did I need to raise the issue in order to have this important point brought to light? Does CoolTrade bring their potential customers into the office and say "Oh, you know that list of trades we gave you isn't....ah...correct? It is missing 18% of losses that are still active?"

This is so clearly misleading to potential buyers of the software that I feel it is my responsibility as an experienced trader and member of this board to bring it to light.

The FACT IS there are far more traders who lose money than who make money, no matter what broker or software platform they elect to use. And to use misleading promotional materials to say otherwise is against the spirit if not the letter of SEC and FTC regulations, and is simply dishonest.
No you are not telling the actual truth again! The hand out says 48% in CLOSED trades which is correct. This strategy does not close out ANY losing positions instead it adds another 100 shares when the stock drops 15% and 3 other technical indicators are met. It does not close out losing positions so there is no way to put them on a report. To answer your question above, yes 100% of every client that calls and asks questions about the hand out is told about the open inventory and that particular strategy is explained in full. When any representative of RTS does a demo of the software for a customer they even use then trader that happens to be running this strategy so again YES everyone is told about the open inventory as RTS explains the software in full before any spends one dime. Also nowhere has RTS made claims about how many people make or don't make money in the stock market.

RTS also explains that the strategy is used for demonstration purposes only and makes no buy or sell recommendations. RTS does not advise people to use any particular strategy and most people use the software to design one of their own strategies and to help take the guess work out of trading by using technical indicators with an automated trader.

They also offer UNLIMITED support and training on the software. There is no up selling as everything is included in the price. They respond to technical support 7 days a week. There is no hidden agenda or hidden charges.

Once again how can you bash the software when you have NEVER even seen it? There is no high pressure selling. It is a tool to help people trade. The only complaint anyone can find on the Internet is from you and you have NEVER even seen the software work. It is really hard to understand why you keep bashing the software when you know nothing about it. If it was so misleading don't you think the actual users would be complaining??? If the software is not for you then that is fine and you don't have to purchase it but to tell people it's a scam because you don't like a handout is in my opinion wrong and dishonest.

I'm sorry you are so angry about this and wish you the best. RTS has offered to show you the software in detail after you called them but you never called back or returned an email after your initial inquiry. I do want to thank you for the comments as they do allow me to post all the great benefits of the CoolTrade software. www.robotictradingsystems.com