FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Trading Software > QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:52 PM   #385
stock777

Quote:
Quote from JackR:

I stopped by the TD-Ameritrade/Think or Swim exhibit at the New York Trader's Expo. They had a lot of developer types there. I could not get a definitive answer, but based on the number of features they are working on to enhance the capabilities of the TD/TOS platforms, none of them believes that QT is being supported. They said the IT guys are probably keeping the web site up because the cost is inconsequential or no one told them to shut it down.

So I'd say it is gone.

Jack
You should have asked them why they are letting their L2 servers for QT and their own SITE, lag badly for months. They have been informed, by me and others, and keep denying a problem. Too busy at the shows I guess to do any real work.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 03:06 PM   #386
shfly

Quote:
Quote from JackR:

Catoosa:
I agree. However, a few years ago IB made a change that messed up something in the feed and QT made a fix. If IB makes such a change in the future it is unlikely that QT will be fixed unless whoever developed the patch made available earlier in this thread feels ambitious and develops another patch.

Jack

Below is a quote from IQFeed, regarding latest release and it "broke" support etc. etc.

Someone had a patch made, maybe someone can do the same for IB if needed.

"While our latest IQFeed release "broke" support for some 3rd party apps that aren't being updated to support our latest and greatest, we do have a workaround for QuoteTracker users. Just contact our support group and we can get it working with IQFeed. With this patch, there is no reason for QT to not continue working with IQFeed welll into 2012.

In addition, we now support CME group exchange fee waivers for Interactive Brokers customers so if you are trading through QuoteTracker with IB and using IQFeed data you qualify for exchange fee waivers, saving traders some money."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...&pagenumber=52
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM   #387
rcj

FWIW ........ QT still works with their login server. im using IB as data source. No problem.

I have the patch version ready whenever.
Also been working with TWS charts some. Not too bad.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM   #388
lp2012

Anyone have an idea of how to get Quotetracker to work with TDWaterhouse again?
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM   #389
j_medved

Quote:
Quote from lp2012:

Anyone have an idea of how to get Quotetracker to work with TDWaterhouse again?
TDW changed their site so the QT configuration file for it would need to be updated. That would be something that would have to be done by TD Ameritrade, so basically not going to happen. Sorry
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM   #390
baro-san

Quote:
Quote from j_medved:

QT is a great charting application, and you provided exceptional support. Congratulations! Best to you!