FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Community Lounge > Hook Up > Trading in Thailand

Old Feb 18th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #181
loogling

Do you guys who live there get together sometimes for a dinner or a night out? Is there a trading group there that doesn't necessary have to focus on trading?
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #182
ybfjax

Quote:
Quote from loogling:

Do you guys who live there get together sometimes for a dinner or a night out? Is there a trading group there that doesn't necessary have to focus on trading?
I think chang mai has something on ThaiVisa.com . Everyone else is just scattered about. you would have to post in the local forums if you wanted to hook up specifically in that area.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #183
377OHMS

Quote:
Quote from ybfjax:

I think chang mai has something on ThaiVisa.com . Everyone else is just scattered about. you would have to post in the local forums if you wanted to hook up specifically in that area.
I looked at some Thai condos online this weekend and am afraid I must report that my statement that 1.5 million baht buys a nice condo on the beach is way off. More like 4-5 million baht for a small 2 bedroom. Sorry for the bad information.

1-2 million is doable in Chiang Mai but not Phuket or Pattaya or even the darkside of Pattaya. Certainly Koh Samui is the most expensive that I've found.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 10:42 AM   #184
Hombre

Quote:
Quote from sle:

I got a few not exactly trading, but investment-related questions - looking at Thailand as a future retirement spot as well as potential investment to park some cash.
What are the locations good for a retirement property?
What are the real estate prices like these days?
What are the trends - up/down?
Do you in general feel that real estate in Thailand is good value?
What sort of returns on capital do you get if you rent a place out?
What are real estate taxes like?
Is there anything in the property law I must know about (e.g. specific details on the freehold/leasehold)?
Forget buying any real estate unless you have spend at least one year in the location .talk to the locals who live there.There is a lot of real estate scams run by foreigners,mainly GB nationals.
Real estate in Thailand is not a good value you can expect to earn around 6% ROI .
Research your visa situation first as it changes every few years.
If you want to live in Thailand year round your best bet is a retirement visa but it is not cheap.
I would just rent , unless you have a lot of money you can afford to sink into poor return situation just for the convenience..
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM   #185
justrading

6% for the broader market. Previous Sunday there was an article in the Bangkok Post Spectrum that mentioned about 3% for the preferred areas of Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 1 - 63.

It's not that rents have come down, it's property prices that have reached ridiculous levels, so with many choices from the recent condo building boom, rents have not kept pace with prices.

I got better than 3% on my last Fixed Deposit, so there is no incentive to buy property at that sort of return.

Good Dividend stocks here yield 5% - 8%.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM   #186
Hombre

Quote:
Quote from loogling:

You just make friends according to your lifestyle. if you like bars and what comes with it, you'll find friends there.
if you are into fitness, gym would be a good place to look.
As far as trading groups, it is mostly by invitation only as they never really advertise their meetings but they are there .