FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > I'd like to become a better trader

Old Jan 10th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #643
Redneck

Quote:
Quote from PO:

Yes I can. I can make money this way

My biggest problem is tight trading range days or tight trading range areas. - TTR

How do you guys deal with that? Do you walk away or patiently sit there?

I'm going to reread the physiology of trading .
I’m bored so I gota trade

The answer is only limited by your imagination

Read a book
Watch a movie
Listen to music
Clean your guns
Sharpen your knives
Set up an elliptical trainer by you desk, in site of your monitor, then take a walk
Build a model
Paint a picture
Set up and indoor shooting range with an airsoft gun

On and on and on

We all go through it - just don't make more of it, than what it is

I am bored, and I need something to occupy my mind while the mkt rests/ decides what to do next

RN
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #644
tomahawk

Quote:
Quote from NoDoji:

Thanks

Now, how do we get the alert price to auto-adjust in real time based on an ascending or descending trend line
Keep adjusting it to the latest bar? (b/o's will be close enough to the TL's). But then, yeah, that kinda defeats the purpose.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #645
PO

Thanks everybody for commenting. I know that I'm the one who has to do the work.

1300 seems almost inevitable based on monthly and weekly range extension as well as being a round number magnet. So 1280 would be a good level to buy at for a swing up. I will be looking for a good set up around 1280 to buy.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #646
ammo

Quote:
Quote from PO:

Thanks everybody for commenting. I know that I'm the one who has to do the work.

1300 seems almost inevitable based on monthly and weekly range extension as well as being a round number magnet. So 1280 would be a good level to buy at for a swing up. I will be looking for a good set up around 1280 to buy.
that's what you think,what do you see,it doesn't have to be right,just narrow it down to 2 or 3 possibilities,seeing those and watching how they play out helps in the keep narrowing it down over time to more accurate guess scenarios and tossing the ones that don't often work,that's the homework,that's what you do when bored,play detective
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #647
emg

Quote:
Quote from PO:

u need coach mojitos!

Quote:
Quote from Lucias:

Me:
I did good and bad. I maximized my risk/adjusted return on a sequence of trades but I missed the forest for the trees. I had predicted the low, high, and everything and everything happened exactly as I predicted.

Coach:
First, you did great. You recognized when you were wrong and took some profits. Your account this month reaches new equity highs for the month. That's great. However, you had a bigger plan that would have resulted in much greater profits. What do you think went wrong?

Me:
Maybe as B. has commented, I made a move2move trade when I meant to make a trade2hold trade.

Coach:
That's a good way to think about it. But, that's too simplistic. What did you do wrong?

Me:
I didn't listen to Jack Hershey. I had a game plan but when things changed, I adapted but then I didn't go to step 2. I had a cognitive error that because I was right in changing my game plan that the game plan changed. I knew had the cognitive error because I said it to myself.

Coach:
Exactly. You didn't have a good game plan for step 2. You did. It was your original plan where you had predicted everything. You executed a successful play but you didn't execute the plan. You're going to have to take a lot more risk to do the returns you seek. You gotta get ready have 1,2,3 plans.

Me:
Right, I see my problem now. I had some rules that got in the way. I work on principles and will adjust those rules now.

Coach:
Exactly. The rules got in the way. Also, remember when you're tired of running the ball then call a time out and do the swap. You made a good play. You failed to call the time out.

Me:
True words.

Coach:
Listen, I know you're taking this as a loss. But, this is a great moment because now we recognized 2-3 errors that you made. Trying to capture every opportunity helps because it keeps you market focused. Take that idea and the idea of multiple game plans and being in the "game" and you're going to see what you're looking for. Also, if you get tired then make the hand off. Don't just quit. And third, don't overestimate your abilities. A good call or play is just that. Listen to what you say and act on it. For you, its not going to be a continuous process... that way lies ruin. You're going to have 2-4 discreet plays to make per day. And you're going to make them when needed.

Anyway, you will not let this bother you. Predict. Execute. That's the cycle. Keep practicing it. On the path to glory, there lie many defeats that were victories.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #648
emg

Quote:
Quote from PO:

[B]
The time has to come to either make it or break it - I have till the end of this year to see if I can do it.

by now, u should be able to master your "reloading technique." Don't give up and keep reloading your accounts.

More than 90% of small traders lose! They just lose!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...xpense-1-.html