Elite Trader

Elite Trader (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/index.php)
-   Trading (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Is Phil Grande's paid trading site any good? (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?t=208676)

Jreality Oct 17th, 2010 03:54 PM

Is Phil Grande's paid trading site any good?

I've been listening to Phil Grande's free radio show archives at http://www.philsgang.com and he has a tendency to brag about how well him and his "gang" (the paid members of his service) have been doing in their trading. The service is $39.95 a month. Will joining result in profitable trades overall? I've been burned by paid trading services in the past, so I'm wondering if this one is any better. I don't want to get burned again, so if anyone has experience with this site, let me know how it worked out for you.

Thanks,

J.

TheGoonior Oct 17th, 2010 04:16 PM

Good luck trying to figure out an actual track record based upon his calls as you can't really find a page which shows where his entries are. I actually made a comment about that and was told that they couldn't do that for the daily trades, but they might do it for longer term trades, which was hilarious since they seem to trade once every couple of days at best. I joined for a couple months just to see what it was like (didn't trade his calls with real cash).
He basically uses the stochastic and a couple of moving averages on various time frames to time a basket of stocks.
He has a few proprietary indicators (X1 & X2)that are supposed to indicate where the "smart" money are loading and unloading, but these cost you extra (I didn't bother to try them). You can probably get a decent approximation by eyeballing support/resistance.
If you are brand new, I think his method would be confusing as hell.

Maybe some of this has changed since I was a member, but I quit months ago and stopped listening to his show even when I was a member. His radio show is beyond useless...every single day it's just a bitch session about government (Democrat, Republican, I don't think he cares which), Barney Frank, and financial terrorists.

I had no problems canceling or anything, though, so my suggestion is take the free trial if they still have one, do a month if you still aren't convinced and learn whatever you can on the website and then dump it.

TheGoonior Oct 17th, 2010 04:19 PM

For the record, I will state that I don't think he's a shyster or anything and you can probably pick up a tidbit or two. I just didn't find enough of value to warrant continuing my subscription (I think I was a member for 2 or 3 months).

spindr0 Oct 17th, 2010 07:13 PM

Generally:

Them that can, do.
Them that can't, teach (or sell subscriptions)

delaughterc Nov 16th, 2010 03:54 PM

I am a Phil's Gang member and have been for about 6 months. I am what he calls a "Working Investor" and only use the PT2 chart. I'm up 10% on my entire bankroll so far, but really should have been up nearly 50% or more trading FCX and MA.

Phil doesn't nearly go into as much detail on his radio as on his site. He regularly has 4-5 videos a day on the market, plus the PT1 for people who can watch the market during the day and PT2 for the workers really make it worthwhile.

A lot of stocks I have been watching just turned over on the weekly stochastic (one major indicator Phil teaches about) and I believe we should be on our way for a 5-10% correction in the next few weeks, and I'm shorting a few stocks and am pretty excited about it.

Anyways for 50 bucks a month (35 membership and 15 for the PT2 or whatever it is) I easily get my money back and then some. I'm a complete doofus and am on track to make 20% on my entire roll in a year, and thats not even doing it completely right!

You can feel free to ask me questions about my experience.

gangmember Jul 13th, 2011 01:26 PM

Phil wastes a lot of time on his radio hate message, the congress is corrupt, the stock market is corrupt, the economy is bad Frank,Dodd, Geitner,Bad, gold and Peter Schiff good.

He does not list the date he called the trade, and when he does suggest you buy, he claims to say pull the trigger but he never actually says that. He timidly says "well if you want to buy okd?" then only with 25 shares. then he says he can not tell any investor how many shares to add so he never says until the stock has moved up then after he says you should have added.
Phil says any person who questions his show is a hate mail in guy. hE IS NOT A LICENSES STOCK BROKER AND CAN NOT MAKE STOCK MARKET RECOMENDATIONS AND YET HE PRETENDS TO TELL HIS STUDNETS WHEN TO BUY AND WHEN TO SELL. ONLY HIS CLASS IS SET UP TO TEACH WITHOUT ACTUALLY DOING HIS FULL CYCLE OF BUYING AND TRADE. SO ONCE MORE HE WILL KIND OF HINT , NOT PULL THE TRIGGER WHEN YOU MIGHT GO IN LONG OR SHORT THEN HE WILL TELL YOU AFTER THE FACT LIKE A FLYING CROWBAR WHY HE WAS RIGHT ABOUT WHAT HE DID NOT SAY WITH CONVICTION IN THE FIRST PLACE, IN SHORT NOT WORTH THE MONEY