Elite Trader

Elite Trader (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   True Truths about Fibonacci (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19259)

harrytrader Jun 25th, 2003 03:45 PM

True Truths about Fibonacci

About

"The DNA SUPRA-CODE"
Discovery, proves and evidence of the hidden language of DNA.
by Jean-Claude PEREZ, September 2000

http://www.genum.com/dna_supracode/dna_supracode.htm

Fibonacci, known as Leonard of Pisa, also called "the heretic one of Sicily", is regarded as that which, to the Middle Ages, will give their foundations to our contemporary mathematics. In addition to the introduction of the "zero", one owes him this famous integer numbers series known as of Fibonacci's numbers series :

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 ...

Each term is obtained there by making the sum of the 2 precedents. The ratio of two consecutive terms (exp. 89/55) approach very quickly the famous proportion PHI known as "the Golden section":

PHI=1.618033989… Ancient people considered the Golden section to the same scientific level as PI ...

As testify some the enciphered messages from genius Leonardo di VINCI, they knew even subtle relations between these two universal constants (see the cover of the book " the deciphered DNA ", summarized now… ).

When the radius of the circle equal exactly ONE,

And, When the square is 1.618 by 1.618 length,

Then, surface of CIRCLE = PI and surface of SQUARE = PHI*2…

Then,

Ratio between Surfaces CIRCLE/SQUARE is PI / PHI*2 = 6/5 = 1.2

6/5 = 1.2 was called by ancient people the "Osiris section"…

The Golden section is discredited today, one even equipped it with a esoteric connotation and sometimes even not very advisable...

Always it is that Nature uses this golden section in its constructions : for example the shell of the nautilus or snail ...

I demonstrate that this proportion has properties of "mathematical cohesion" which must, doubtless, to result in a cohesion and a solidity in the plan of mechanics. Nature thus knew to discover a subtle marriage between aesthetics and the effectiveness (one speaks even about a possible "principle of economy" on this subject).

harrytrader Jun 25th, 2003 03:48 PM

As he puts it 'one speaks even about a possible "principle of economy" on this subject' and I affirm that it is the same kind of principle law (economic principle in the sense research of optimality and stability of the system from the economical or energetical point of view) that my equations follow and so the existence of Golden ratios in stock market has more to do with that principle that with the supposed psychology of crowd or more appealingly called by Prechter "socio-economics science" which is more likely an esoteric metaphore than a Science since it is not demonstrated and could never be because in details it contains the same kind of paradoxical non-sense than Astrology at least within the framework of science. Suffice that Prechter claims only that Market follows Golden ratio but he shouldn't go further by giving fake causal explanations.

murray t turtle Jun 26th, 2003 09:14 AM

Re: True Truths about support + resistance-they are mostly approximate

Quote:

Quote from harrytrader:

About

"The DNA SUPRA-CODE"
Discovery, proves and evidence of the hidden language of DNA.
by Jean-Claude PEREZ, September 2000

http://www.genum.com/dna_supracode/dna_supracode.htm

Fibonacci, known as Leonard of Pisa, also called "the heretic one of Sicily", is regarded as that which, to the Middle Ages, will give their foundations to our contemporary mathematics. In addition to the introduction of the "zero", one owes him this famous integer numbers series known as of Fibonacci's numbers series :

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 ...

Each term is obtained there by making the sum of the 2 precedents. The ratio of two consecutive terms (exp. 89/55) approach very quickly the famous proportion PHI known as "the Golden section":

PHI=1.618033989… Ancient people considered the Golden section to the same scientific level as PI ...

As testify some the enciphered messages from genius Leonardo di VINCI, they knew even subtle relations between these two universal constants (see the cover of the book " the deciphered DNA ", summarized now… ).

When the radius of the circle equal exactly ONE,

And, When the square is 1.618 by 1.618 length,

Then, surface of CIRCLE = PI and surface of SQUARE = PHI*2…

Then,

Ratio between Surfaces CIRCLE/SQUARE is PI / PHI*2 = 6/5 = 1.2

6/5 = 1.2 was called by ancient people the "Osiris section"…

The Golden section is discredited today, one even equipped it with a esoteric connotation and sometimes even not very advisable...

Always it is that Nature uses this golden section in its constructions : for example the shell of the nautilus or snail ...

I demonstrate that this proportion has properties of "mathematical cohesion" which must, doubtless, to result in a cohesion and a solidity in the plan of mechanics. Nature thus knew to discover a subtle marriage between aesthetics and the effectiveness (one speaks even about a possible "principle of economy" on this subject).

Harry;

Something else I would add;not to minimize the scientific logic,some of which gets blurred in the markets.:cool:

Look on enough charts,with enough time frames; its better to have too may trend lines, color coded
-than too few.

Walther Jun 26th, 2003 10:29 AM

Is there any simple trading method based on these ratios ?
Walter

rttrader Jun 26th, 2003 11:36 AM

Harry....

...have you read any of Larry Pasavento's materials on fibonacci retracements or heard him speak? I've spoken to him on the phone several times and used his service, I find him easy to understand and extremely logical.

rttrader -

Thunderdog Jun 26th, 2003 12:07 PM

I admit that the only thing I know about Fibonacci numbers is that it was a numbering scheme devised by an Italian mathematician from the Middle Ages to predict the rate at which rabitts will multiply. Since then, it seems that these Fibonacci numbers have been used not only to explain the workings of the universe, the laws of nature and most of the physical sciences, but also human behavior as it relates to trading. Few "sciences" have crossed all such barriers. I cannot think of any others at the moment.

Is it possible that we may have lost some perspective along the way? I think that if you have enough of these so-called Fibonacci lines, levels or retracements, one of them is bound to "work." But what about all of the other ones along the way that were so rudely ignored?

Regards,

Thunderdog