Elite Trader

Elite Trader (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/index.php)
-   Retail Firms (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade. (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?t=150106)

gaj Jan 8th, 2009 07:44 AM

thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade.
 
great....i was going to move my IRA there. now i'll have to wait and see how things shake out...

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/090108/20090108005671.html?.v=1

gkishot Jan 8th, 2009 08:09 AM

Re: thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade.
 
Quote:

Quote from gaj:

great....i was going to move my IRA there. now i'll have to wait and see how things shake out...

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/090108/20090108005671.html?.v=1

Not good if they are going to abolish ToS platform.

MTE Jan 8th, 2009 08:11 AM

Re: Re: thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade.
 
Quote:

Quote from gkishot:

Not good if they are going to abolish ToS platform.
Ditto.

If TOS seizes to exist in some form or shape then it's gonna be really bad!

This is really frustrating. The only bright spot is that I'm long some thinkorswim shares.

gkishot Jan 8th, 2009 08:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade.
 
Quote:

Quote from MTE:

Ditto.

If TOS seizes to exist in some form or shape then it's gonna be really bad!

This is really frustrating. The only bright spot is that I'm long some thinkorswim shares.

My understanding is that the transaction is subject to approval of the ToS customers. Why would the Tos customers want to approve this transaction? I don't think it's in their interests.

MTE Jan 8th, 2009 08:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade.
 
Quote:

Quote from gkishot:

My understanding is that the transaction is subject to approval of the ToS customers. Why would the Tos customers want to approve this transaction? I don't think it's in their interests.
Since when do customers have any say in takeovers/mergers? You are misunderstanding the issue, this is up to shareholders and regulators, not customers.

gkishot Jan 8th, 2009 08:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade.
 
Quote:

Quote from MTE:

Since when do customers have any say in takeovers/mergers? You are misunderstanding the issue, this is up to shareholders and regulators, not customers.
The transaction is subject to approval by thinkorswim stockholders, regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/090108/20090108005671.html?.v=1


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.