Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a test of a strategy combining what we know of Karen the Supertrader's strategy combined with some of the research from TastyTrade. Will it be profitable? Time will tell. I started this experiment on April 5, 2016. Here is a link to my spreadsheet where you can follow along.

Thus far the account is up $2,034 on a $150,000 account. This should be interesting.

2. ...So in about six weeks you made 3% :po_O, or an average of .10%/day
    Easier said than done in the long run, and most people fail... but I would hardly call that a SuperTrader.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    mjl13 and timtrader like this.
  3. CBC

CBC

Karen the "supertrader"

Why not attached the youtube clip where she says she almost blew her account during the flash crash.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

2 things you might not be aware of:

1. There is a Yahoo group where they have been running this experiment for 2+ years now. No need to reinvent the wheel.
    2. She is using portfolio margin so she can write way more contracts than your retail margin allows you.

2K on a 150K account is 1.5%....

mjl13 likes this.
  5. trilogic

trilogic

any chance can share the Yahoo group location / domain ? thanks

6. Xela

Xela

Call me pedantic if you want, guys, but when I left high school (only a few years ago), $2k on a $150k account was actually 1.33%.

Must be this "new math", I suppose ...

mjl13, K-Pia, cjbuckley4 and 2 others like this.
  7. I am a member of the Yahoo group!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  8. I can already tell that I'm going to get a lot of support and encouragement on this thread. You guys are the best!

9. This is an experiment. I am not a Supertrader.

#10     May 18, 2016
    Patryk Jalmuzna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.