Crypto Trading

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by m1nt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. m1nt

m1nt

Ethereum price is firming. Have some bitcoin over at Kraken to possibly convert to ethereum to add to my current holdings. Cost basis on current holdings is exactly $0. Kraken and Poloniex are apparently the only exchanges handling ETH. I do not recommend Poloniex; supposedly they were hacked and lost some bitcoin. Nevertheless, they socialized losses and I once lost a few bucks over there. At least with Kraken we know who the domestic CEO is, and there is a positive reputation.

Ethereum getting big bank and tech company support. Google it.

2. m1nt

m1nt

Bitfinex to allow ethereum trading on 3-14-2016 which is the same day Homestead platform comes out of beta. This is big news. I will definitely be back to zero cost basis by then. I will definitely be moving my remaining ethereum from Kraken to Bitfinex. Initial thoughts: BEWARE The Ides Of March.

This from BFX:

It is our plan to allow shorting and margin trading on Ether as soon as we are comfortable with the book depth and availability of Ether for lending, but that will depend on the community’s support for Ether trading on our platform as Bitfinex itself is not a market participant in its own markets. Assuming strong adoption of Ether trading on our platform, we could enable shorting and margin trading in less than a week. We do not yet know what sort of leverage ratios we will permit on Ether, but given Ether’s substantial volatility relative to bitcoin, we may, in fact, initially allow less leverage than we do on bitcoin.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  3. More exchanges should be allowing ethereum shortly because the mkt cap is now $1b and gaining on BTC's $6b mkt cap. Bitcoin is stuck in a rut with the core dev debacle and transaction times/fees. All the good development is switching to Ethereum.

I like Augur which is an app within ethereum . A decentralized prediction market, (like intrade but can't be shut down), in fact they have a really great team and people from sports betting sites and the old founder of intrade is advising the project too.

Augur http://www.augur.net/

Smart contracts and ethereum can eliminate inefficiencies across many industries if this takes off.

Here is a good video by one of the ethereum devs:
    History of blockchain talking of the origins from Rand and Hayek

ETH chart attached.

• eth.jpg
      eth.jpg
      File size:
      198.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. m1nt

m1nt

Have to admit that I like that a lot of the prospective applications can't be shut down or censored. Skynet baby!

5. m1nt

m1nt

sold some ETH for BTC. back to zero cost basis and moving the BTC back to the original wallet.

the goal is to amass 2500 ETH in 2016 through trading. I'm a fraction of the way there.

6. m1nt

m1nt

ummm yes. dumped all ETH. 100% $USD cash. feel real comfortable missing the trade (especially since margin will become available soon) if: it goes to new trades and beyond, or it craters. make your own decisions. thanks.

7. Wingz

Wingz

Glad to see some guys here getting involved, was thinking it was just a rag tag band of crypto geeks and secret drug dealers.

I heard about eth shortly after the ico and got in a couple of days after it was released to exchanges. I've jobbed around it but largely just held long.

I don't know if you've looked at the Poloniex troll box, it's probably the most educational and fascinating source of real time base level trading psychology I've ever seen. There's this whole invented vocabulary, pump, dump, rekt, a fascination with the 'entire' sum of the order book, whales, everything's either a bull or bear trap, dying or going to the moon.

It really is speculation at its base level, I'm pretty sure the vast number of the participants in that chat have little if any knowledge of price action or good experience in reading a chart. Everything is an extreme, a pullback in the 30 min chart is the 'death of eth', a pullback in the 4hr chart brings about fundamental discussions about the technology behind it and potential scams, relatively 'cerebral' discussions.

For me personally, it's been one of the most interesting learning experiences in my time trading. It's put to rest some of the more extreme parts of my trading psychology and alowed me to really look at those parts in a comedic light.

The troll box is a pantomime of the most amateur but genuine base trading psychologies I've seen. I've learnt so much.

It's awesome!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    abattia, terminator8 and Zr1Trader like this.
  8. m1nt

m1nt

I don't follow the troll boxes anymore. I was "BTCnastE" on BTC-E back in the day. Shout out. Really, it was just a means to spout off while getting a buzz and following BTC at random early morning hours. I doubt most people posting on the troll boxes have much coin if any. Probably most are third world and/or teenagers.

The guy who started solidcoin created a computer program using, I believe, AI to create an identity/identities and post on a trollbox.

9. m1nt

m1nt

10. m1nt

m1nt

these very comfortable Frye shoes were purchased on Purse.io for about $88 in bitcoin. list price was apparently about $250. I went for a big discount on top of Amazon's discount. I have saved over $1700 using Purse so far on all types of stuff. You need Amazon Prime to make it work.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#10     Mar 23, 2016