Computer problem, Malware, Virus...

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DallasCowboysFan, Mar 11, 2016.

1. I tried downloading a book that was out of print. I found a pdf copy online and began to download it. When I got to the window that said, Next to Continue...I stopped because there were 4 windows above it that were already checked in green. The ones that say ...make this your web browser etc... I tried to uncheck them and it failed. Unchecking them was not an option. The checked blocks were 'permanent' , not something I could change. I moved to the bottom and tried to cancel and then it started downloading on me.

It downloaded 4 programs (viruses) and I went to Downloads and deleted them.

I have Windows 10. I went to the APPS function and I found ASP Package which never existed before. I have tried to right click it to delete it and it won't work. If I hit the dropdown arrow I get something that says Configure. If I right click Configure I get the Downloads window with nothing that says ASP or Configure in the list.

I have tried, Kapersky, Spybot, MSFT Malware Removal, Reg Seeker and MSFT Defender and it is still there. I have also tried restarting the computer several times.

I want this removed. I am afraid to go online and check my bank balance and other personal information as long as this is here.

Any new suggestions ? I am out of new ones....

2. There was also something called Bubble Dock that popped up when it started downloading, but I have not seen it since I deleted those initial programs. But I am still left with the ASP.

3. dartmus

dartmus

4. userque

userque

https://download.drweb.com/?lng=en

[​IMG]

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  5. I downloaded some silly random program a couple weeks ago on my Windows 10 machine, and it had a serious virus. -- I should have known better. but I thought it was a key generator for a program I wanted to get free.

Long story short, that's a defunct machine now :vomit: -- I scraped it, and switched to a new laptop running Windows 7 instead. :cool:

6. Thanks, I have used MBAM previously but not on this computer. I downloaded it and it found 21 errors and deleted the ASP. Problem solved.

It's amazing. I have Kapersky and I used the short run 2X and the long run. I used MSFT Defender, Spybot (found 9 errors ) , Reg Seeker and MSFT Malware Remover. After all that I used MBAM and it found 21 problems and eliminate the ASP.

It's too bad that one virus program can't find every thing ....all the viruses, malware and trojans.

dartmus likes this.
  7. Thanks, I eliminated what I was looking for with MBAM but I have added this to my list for the next problem I have.

8. userque

userque

Glad it worked out. MBAM is good stuff.

9. I have another laptop that I only use to search items.......it's a backup and the one I had before this one.

I downloaded a trojan I could not eliminate. It takes forever to open a page, it is incredibly slow. I was leery of using it again for personal items like banking etc... I called HP, Kapersky and Best Buy and they wanted $199 to run a virus check etc...and monitor it for a year.

I said no thanks........I only paid $350 or so for it. It was cheaper to the one I have now.

#10     Mar 11, 2016