API to build stock screener

Discussion in 'App Development' started by helpme_please, Jul 15, 2016.

1. I would like to subscribe to an API which provides me the raw financial data to create a global stock screen customized to my liking. I don't intend to sell it. It is for my own use because I am not able to find a commercial stock screener today flexible enough for my needs.

What is the most suitable API today that I can subscribe to? It would be nice if the cost is below <USD4000 a year.

2. just21

just21

3. Surgo

Surgo

I looked into this myself with the interest of making a stock screener someone might actually want to use (essentially just importing second-sampled data into Google BigQuery). I called a few different data vendors for quotes and the price was absolutely prohibitive unless I had buyers or sponsors lined up already. Was definitely more than $4k a year. Data alone was anywhere between $500 and $1k a month, and that doesn't get into BigQuery fees.

It would be easy and cost-effective to make a good stock screener if one of the vendors already imported their data into BigQuery and didn't charge you their whole price for the privilege, but unless and until that happens I don't think it's viable for us home trading shmucks.

4. akshay12

akshay12

Try IQfeed it costs $100/m and a Fixed API cost of $300 (one time)
    http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=data&section=services